Week 4 Challenge 1 – 350 Squats

Options
Honeytips
Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
Hi guys,

From Monday 28th January to Sunday 3rd February:

Please join me in week 4 challenge 1 where we concentrate on SQUATS.

Squats is a great lower body exercise which works the hips, glutes, quads, hamstrings and core. If that’s not motivation enough it also helps improve your balance and coordinator!!

For our squats challenge we are looking at doing 350 squats for the week – this works out to 50 per day. Now don’t worry about having do them all in the one go, take your time, do some in the morning and the rest in the afternoon etc. Oh and don’t worry if you can’t do them all, just do as many as you can – every bit counts!!!

There are lots of variations to this great workout. You can use hand weights, barbells, an exercise ball (my favourite) or simply your own body weight. Feel free to do any sort of variation – my pump instructor has incorporated jumps into the squats so they end up kind of like half burpees (do a squat and as you raise up jump into the air as high as you can before going back into the squat - repeat as many times as you'd like)

I’ve attached a great link below on how to do squats and the various benefits (my favourite benefit is that it helps put some kadonkadonk in your trunk!! :laugh: )

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/05/25/darin-steen-demonstrates-the-perfect-squat.aspx

Also check out this link with more useful information on squats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_(exercise)

Please check in each day or as often as you’d like. Update us with how many you’ve done, what sort/variation you've chosen and if you are feeling/seeing the benefits.

Happy squatting – let’s get this!!!!

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! That's what I was going to say!!!! Only my option was going to be they can choose 250 or 500!!!! We were on the same wave length!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 50 a day sounds totally achievable!
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge...I've been working my lower body a little more each week so this is awesome...but I plan on trying for more!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    YAY!!! That's what I was going to say!!!! Only my option was going to be they can choose 250 or 500!!!! We were on the same wave length!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Yaaaay!!! I guess whoever would like to do more squats are definitely welcome to!!

It's Monday where I am so I will definitely get my 50 done with my exercise ball in the next hour and so and will report back once they're done
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been using the 200+ Squats app for the past 3 weeks, so this will be great.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Okay, 50 done - wall squats using the exercise ball between me and the wall. I did 5 sets with 10 squats each, taking a break of about 15 seconds between each set.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 75 down, 175 to go. Won't be doing any on my rest days so I had to do extra today.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I'm in. 75 down, 175 to go. Won't be doing any on my rest days so I had to do extra today.

Whoooooo!!!! Go Jamaicanlady!!! Great job!!!
  • Kaylao7i987
    Kaylao7i987 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Game on :-)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am in on this one. Squats I can do! I did a challenge not too long ago, where we did 5, then 10 on day 2, 15 on day 3, etc.. by the end of the month we were up around 160 squats a day. Whew, thankfully this is just a week of them LOL. I'll post my squats right after my 30DS workout this week. See you tomorrow!

EDIT: I am seeing some posted that they started this already.. I didn't post my squats because I thought we weren't starting this til Monday, but since I *did* do mine today, I'll post them too ;).

Sun 27Jan: 50 squats
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will start them after work tonight before I head to bowling.
  • AtoZminus44
    Options
    As soon as I get off this site I'll go do some squats.
    Chuckling about the badonkadonk comment. I have scoliosis, a curvature in my spine, and so my butt already sticks out. I'm a white gal who's son says I have a black gals' booty. :) I'm hoping the squats strengthen my legs though.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I am doing this....
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did my squats this morning after I finished 30DS. So, 50 squats done. :)
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    50 in the bank
  • Honeytips
    Options
    EDIT: I am seeing some posted that they started this already.. I didn't post my squats because I thought we weren't starting this til Monday, but since I *did* do mine today, I'll post them too ;).

I posted mine because I'm in Australia and it was Monday morning :smile:
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Another 50 done this morning (I started off with 3kg hand weights but halfway through gave up on them and just did plain squats)

100 done 250 to go :smile:
  • Honeytips
    Options
    As soon as I get off this site I'll go do some squats.
    Chuckling about the badonkadonk comment. I have scoliosis, a curvature in my spine, and so my butt already sticks out. I'm a white gal who's son says I have a black gals' booty. :) I'm hoping the squats strengthen my legs though.

lol!!! Well I'd give anything to have a black gal's booty! I was completely passed over when it was booty sharing time!! lol!
  • Lifestyle_change_get_fit
    Options
    Yay i love squats.. count me in