Stage 1 and sooooo tired!

It hit me yesterday! I did workout 5 of stage 1 in the morning and by the evening I could hardly keep my eyes open. In bed by 9.30pm and slept like a baby. But even waking up this morning I still feel wiped out! I could go back to bed!!!
Is this normal and is it likely to continue as the workouts get progressively harder.
Just a note, the first 4 workouts didn't hit me like this, but maybe as I'm getting stronger I'm putting more into it!

Replies

• cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    This happened to me too. I upped my calories and since then I haven't had this problem and I'm almost done Stage 1. Even at the 2000 cals I am still losing weight. I am starting to believe lifting weights does burn more cals than we think. Your body might need more fuel.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    I'm always really tired at night after a workout. I never complain about not being able to sleep while doing this program.

I usually feel well rested in the morning, though. Are you getting enough sleep? Maybe you do need a few more calories. Try adding some healthy, nutritent dense calories and see how that goes.
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Good point, I'll up my calories to 2000 on the next workout day. Yes, I had loads of sleep last night but as a rule, I never get enough so I guess I have to start looking after myself more! Thanks for your replies! x
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    I agree with above peeps, when this happened to me in the middle of stage 1, I upped my cals and did a lot better.