This may be a stupid question...

Options
kkauz42
kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
Hey ladies! So this may be a stupid question! I noticed on one of the leg days we are doing walking barbell lunges and it's 20 reps opposed to the 10 we have been doing. Is that 20 total (so 10 each leg) or 20 each leg? I would assume that it would specify if it was each leg but not sure. What do you ladies think??

Replies

• martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That is a good question. And while we're at it, does anyone know what she means when she says to do a set of "Negatives?" Like on Day 30, doing barbell presses?
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    Yes 20 means 10 sets. So do a both legs and count it as one or count each one separately. And doing negatives are drop sets. So start high and then drop a little lower on each set.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Thank you JulieCarlile! I have been doing extra during Phase 1 then lol OH WELL!

And fom what I understand, Negatives are different than drop sets. Negatives for the bench you concentrate on going down and you bring it down really slow. Drop sets you drop the weight for however many sets.
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    Oh thanks, I am new to this as well. :)
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I had to google both of them when i saw them on the workouts!
  • martinbeks
    Options
    Here's a good article about doing negatives without a partner. I NEEDED THIS! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru19.htm
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I read that article too!!!! I don't know if I could do so much extra weight on the last set though (negative set). I had a tough time doing it today with no extra weight! What about any of you guys, did you add any weight for your negatives??
  • martinbeks
    Options
    I used dumbbells, and the floor since all the benches in my gym were being used, and I was impatient. I used 15 pounders and took it slow, starting at the top, and slowly going down. I don't know if I did it right, but I could definitely feel it!
  • lindseymaekeller
    Options
    You did it right!

I always add weight for negatives, but I have a partner.
  • martinbeks
    Options
    You did it right!

I always add weight for negatives, but I have a partner.

Yay! :bigsmile: