Those of you in a plateau and looking here for ideas....

Options
Don't give up and trust this idea of eating more!! I didn't lose any weight, and in fact went up 2-3 pounds (though I wasn't eating more), over a 6 month period.

I was so discouraged, but looked at what I could be doing wrong, and decided I had to make changes - even though I was scared.

I cut down on cardio, but upped intensity, kept lifting weights, added intervals of jogging to my daily walks, and started eating more! That's the best part!! I was eating 1200 calories and I'm now at 1500-1600. Planning to go up to 1700 over the next month.

Anyways, I just want to encourage you people in plateaus...you can get out of them! Be truthful with yourself and don't be scared to try something different.

In the past month I've lost 3.5 - 4.5 pounds and now I'm 3 pounds away from goal, and 5 from ultimate goal.

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Options
    ^^^^ Thanks I needed to hear that. Been stuck since 10/24.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news and good on you for trusting in the process...you won!!!:flowerforyou:
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like reading stories like this! Great job!
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your body adjusted well to the change. Did you add a weight lifting session and reduce your cardio?

Don't give up and trust this idea of eating more!! I didn't lose any weight, and in fact went up 2-3 pounds (though I wasn't eating more), over a 6 month period.

I was so discouraged, but looked at what I could be doing wrong, and decided I had to make changes - even though I was scared.

I cut down on cardio, but upped intensity, kept lifting weights, added intervals of jogging to my daily walks, and started eating more! That's the best part!! I was eating 1200 calories and I'm now at 1500-1600. Planning to go up to 1700 over the next month.

Anyways, I just want to encourage you people in plateaus...you can get out of them! Be truthful with yourself and don't be scared to try something different.

In the past month I've lost 3.5 - 4.5 pounds and now I'm 3 pounds away from goal, and 5 from ultimate goal.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    ^^^^ Thanks I needed to hear that. Been stuck since 10/24.

Hang in there! I know how frustrating it is, but if you push through, you will get there.
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    It sounds like your body adjusted well to the change. Did you add a weight lifting session and reduce your cardio?

So every night I was working out 95 minutes (probably 70 of that cardio), I cut back to 60-70 (now about 30-40 cardio), plus I eat more, and I've lost weight! It seems like eating more and cutting back work out time would be a bad thing, but it was so good!

I've been lifting weights since I started losing weight, so I kept doing that, and increased the amount I lift as well.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Crazy! But encouraging. Thanks for the info :)

So when you cut back on the cardio did you make it more intense?
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    Yes, I started Insanity!

I was working out hard before, but Insanity is a whole other level of intensity. :)