Cardio vs Strength?

Options
SereneRose
SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
Hey,

I had a night on the town Saturday which led to my choices not being the best and carb heavy so I know I've knocked myself out of ketosis. I would like your opinions on what form of exercise you do to deplete the glycogen in your liver and muscles to reach it faster? It normally takes me 4-5 days to begin showing pink on the sticks and I do a mixture of Turbofire for cardio and Chalean Extreme for strength.

Should I incorporate more strength less cardio?
Which gives the bigger depletion?

Replies

• bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    lift heavy things for as long as you can, then go run around. :)
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    ^^^^ This! :wink:
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    I test my blood ketones regularly and after getting knocked to below 0.5 mM/L following a carb-heavy meal, I find it usually takes 5 days of strictly watching my carbs (and to some extent protein) before I get back into nutritional ketosis, regardless of how intensely I exercise in between. At least, I can't tell to what extent exercise (and I'm talking weight lifting mixed with competitive racquetball) may or may not speed up getting back into ketosis. I'm also not sure to what extent this is universal either; I'm just offering my own personal experience as consideration.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I do 5 x 15 for all strength based exercises at around 60% of 1RM and then run.