New things you are doing... and ENJOYING

Options
4_Lisa
4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
Ok, so this group has become a little stagnant, let's get some chats going. What are you doing differently that you are enjoying?

My trainer had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I was enjoying the gym yet, my answer was NO! are you kidding me, the torture I've been putting myself through? I didn't think I would EVER enjoy my gym time.

HOWEVER, I realized last week when I was sick, that I was MISSING the time in the gym and felt guilty for not going! Wait... What! ME? Never thought that time would come... but here we are.

With the changes I have noticed, not only the weight loss, but the transformations my body is starting to make that are becoming noticable. Not just the bigger muscle and tone but the strength and endurance... what an amazing change.

I think I have become one of those that I used to hate, 'sorry can't go for drinks Friday, I gotta get up to go to the gym Saturday morning" because now if I miss that Saturday morning workout (the only set scheduled day) my entire weekend is off.

WHO KNEW! :huh:

Replies

• kdd0476
    kdd0476 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I also find skipping my workouts makes me miss them! I am not one to get up early on Saturday and I really didn't want to this past weekend but I did...and I was so glad because the teacher we had on Saturday morning was GREAT! It was a really good workout.

I used to be a diet coke fanatic. In January I decided to start brining my sports bottle to work and I try and drink 3 of them before/at lunch time (I usually add in one of the flavored tea mixes). This past weekend I felt thirsty and I got a diet coke while we were out. My body was craving the water! I think I have kicked my diet coke addiction! Woo-Hoo!
  • 4_Lisa
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I hate missing my scheduled workout days too!! It throws everything off for me!! I try very hard to stick to my schedule! If MOMA'S not HAPPY, NOBODY WILL BE HAPPY...LOL!!
  • 4_Lisa
    Options
    I hate missing my scheduled workout days too!! It throws everything off for me!! I try very hard to stick to my schedule! If MOMA'S not HAPPY, NOBODY WILL BE HAPPY...LOL!!

Lol! I hear ya. When my teens want a ride somewhere, their first question has become "are you going to the gym tonight?"
  • Dannygirl13
    Dannygirl13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have ben exercising on the treadmill, elliptical and wii fit on and off for almost three months now. When I do exercise it is long, mostly a minimum of two hours toa maximum of four because when I get ion the gym I dont want to leave. I get this boost of energy and its a good stress releiver. However I am having a problem with consistency. So I have decided to enroll in the classes the gym offers in the evening to give a little push to go. I will feel more weight knowing I missed a class and possibly a new exerciseor routine than missing exercising by myself on a machine. So this week I am doing a High Intensity (HIIT) aerobics class, Soca dance class, Zumba and Spinning. I am hoping this gives me the push I need.