Sharing a bed

Options
13»

Replies

• Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think part of it may have to do with your sleeping situation when you were raised too. I grew up with sisters, and we had to share rooms, and even at some points beds. Sometimes even when we had our own we would stay in each other's beds because it felt like a sleepover. Now I sleep 10x better with someone there with me. When I sleep alone I do not sleep nearly as well, or feel as rested. I think sleeping with someone else in the bed just became ingrained in me when i was young.

I shared a room with my sister when we were young. We had bunk beds though. We also fought like crazy. lol If I had to share a bed with her on vacation, if I turned over towards the middle and her face was there, I would grab it and turn it the other way. I really can't stand face to face or hot breath in my face. I've shared beds with my girlfriends on vacations and we usually do allright, mostly because we are super tired or have been drinking and they aren't crazy snorers. I'm just a lighter sleeper. I was the kid wide awake at the slumber parties, they would think I was asleep and put their face up to my face and my eyes would jet open. (Maybe I just got scared they would freeze my underwear so I had to be alert)

I haven't even shared a home in 15 years or so let alone a room or a bed. I like space and I am accustomed to it. Sleep is just too important to me to be miserable in a bed with someone. Like the article that Kit posted, it says that unfortunately men are usually heavier snorers and women are usually lighter sleepers. If I live with the man, we will have to have an escape bed at least if we don't have our own rooms. ha ha
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I love sharing my bed and I am a huge cuddler. My bf has a Queen and I have a King and we always stick in the middle and cuddle while we sleep or hold hands. This is not for everyone I guess, but it works for me. Also, he says he snores and he doesn't when I am in bed with him (please keep it that way), but I am anticipating the day he does I will be in the spare room.