Introduce yourself

Options
I'm Carissa. I've only been on MFP for a only a few days and have noticed a lot of people who are upset about some of the negative comments directed toward those of us who are on a 1200-ish calorie diet. Feel free to post here, I'll block those negative punks!

Replies

• sspayde
    sspayde Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Carissa,
    I've been using MFP on and off for about a year and recently became more fully committed. I'm so glad I did! I have found that if you eat healthy, well-balanced, small meals and snacks, it is easy to hit that 1200 mark. However, If you are exercising a lot (which I do), it's not the end of the world to go over your calories :) I love that this group is here to support each other. I have a 50 pound goal and so far have lost 6! I'm aiming for about 10lbs per month. Hopefully we can give each other the support we need to meet our goals!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hi Carissa thanks for telling me about the group. I eat as close to 1200 calories as possible. It's nice to be at place with other 1200 calorie people
  • clhous03
    Options
    Hi Carissa,
    I've been using MFP on and off for about a year and recently became more fully committed. I'm so glad I did! I have found that if you eat healthy, well-balanced, small meals and snacks, it is easy to hit that 1200 mark. However, If you are exercising a lot (which I do), it's not the end of the world to go over your calories :) I love that this group is here to support each other. I have a 50 pound goal and so far have lost 6! I'm aiming for about 10lbs per month. Hopefully we can give each other the support we need to meet our goals!

Awesome! I had never heard of MFP until I saw a story on Yahoo! about the best-rated mobile apps. So far, it seems pretty user-friendly and motivational.
  • amorchardreid
    amorchardreid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Adele, been on MFP for a week, doing rosemary conley FAB diet which is 1200 cals. Loving it after weigh-in tonight lost a stone in a week! So far so good!
    love MFP its brill for working out how many cals in homemade recipes and logging every calorie every day really helps!
  • clhous03
    Options
    Hi Carissa thanks for telling me about the group. I eat as close to 1200 calories as possible. It's nice to be at place with other 1200 calorie people

Absolutely! Everyone, please feel free to start topics, as I'm really, really new at this and just saw a need for a group of this nature. I'll do my best to keep everything going, as well. :smile:
  • gypsymatis
    gypsymatis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Julie. Would love to be able to chat with others in the 1200 calorie a day group. I have learned to ignore the warning at the bottom of my food diary that reads.... you are eating too few calories... but i know that unless i am eating that low and keeping my carbs very low i don't lose weight.
  • clhous03
    Options
    Hi i'm Adele, been on MFP for a week, doing rosemary conley FAB diet which is 1200 cals. Loving it after weigh-in tonight lost a stone in a week! So far so good!
    love MFP its brill for working out how many cals in homemade recipes and logging every calorie every day really helps!

Not at all sure what a stone is, but congrats! lol
  • clhous03
    Options
    Hi, my name is Julie. Would love to be able to chat with others in the 1200 calorie a day group. I have learned to ignore the warning at the bottom of my food diary that reads.... you are eating too few calories... but i know that unless i am eating that low and keeping my carbs very low i don't lose weight.

My theory is this: as long as I don't start to feel unhealthy or make my doctor concerned with my calorie intake, it's all good. Nice to meet you, Julie!
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just call me JavaSparrow ^_^

I've only been on this website for a week. excited to lose weight. being active on the site really helps me stay motivated and stay under that 1200. feel free to add or message me.
  • amorchardreid
    Options
    lol a stone is 14 pounds
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Adriana and I've been an off and on member of MFP for a very long time lol. I lost 30lbs before I got pregnant with my 4th baby and two years later I'm still struggling to get down to a healthier weight. I decided to go on a journey. and for anyone interested you can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/100daystoahealthierme I've been working out 5 times a week since December 16th and the scale has yet to move so as of today, I'm back on MFP to track my calories. I'm a clean eater (most of the time lol) and I'm also trying to clean up my kids diet.
  • amorchardreid
    Options
    Hi, I'm Adriana and I've been an off and on member of MFP for a very long time lol. I lost 30lbs before I got pregnant with my 4th baby and two years later I'm still struggling to get down to a healthier weight. I decided to go on a journey. and for anyone interested you can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/100daystoahealthierme I've been working out 5 times a week since December 16th and the scale has yet to move so as of today, I'm back on MFP to track my calories. I'm a clean eater (most of the time lol) and I'm also trying to clean up my kids diet.

Hi Adriana
    wow 5 times a week! i'm very overweight and only just starting to include exercise so doing 45 mins of aerobics a week lol ! btw what is a clean eater?
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    45 mins of aerobics is excellent!! No exercise is too short as long as you get yourself moving :) A clean eater is someone who eats very little to non processed foods, nothing with more than 5 ingredients if it's packaged, I try to avoid pesticides, MSG, soy and modern wheat. I try to buy mostly organic, pasture and grass fed meats, eggs and dairy. I don't do raw dairy though, I just couldn't get used to the taste lol.

Hi Adriana
    wow 5 times a week! i'm very overweight and only just starting to include exercise so doing 45 mins of aerobics a week lol ! btw what is a clean eater?
  • HotBridgette
    Options
    Hi Bridgette here,
    I have tried this one before but now super keen to make it work. I'm from New Zeland and I'm 29. I'm coming up to my 1st wedding anniversay I want to look and feel better!
  • kwentz1960
    Options
    HI everyone! I am trying stay under 1200. Some days are good and every once in awhile I topple over.....Like this past Saturday. I went out with friends and decide to forget it all and just eat..... I have been logged on for about 3 weeks. How about you?
    . I live near Chicago. Where are you all from?
  • clhous03
    Options
    lol a stone is 14 pounds

Thanks for clarifying. I'm currently reading a fantasy novel series called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and they're always talking about how someone is so many stone bigger than another. Now I'll understand what that means. :happy:
  • amorchardreid
    Options
    lol a stone is 14 pounds

Thanks for clarifying. I'm currently reading a fantasy novel series called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and they're always talking about how someone is so many stone bigger than another. Now I'll understand what that means. :happy:

know it well - game of thrones - love love love
  • amorchardreid
    Options
    HI everyone! I am trying stay under 1200. Some days are good and every once in awhile I topple over.....Like this past Saturday. I went out with friends and decide to forget it all and just eat..... I have been logged on for about 3 weeks. How about you?
    . I live near Chicago. Where are you all from?

I'm from Anglesey - an island off the coast of North Wales in the UK
  • crops2dawn
    crops2dawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! My name is Carol and this week will be my 4th week into this journey. I like to stay 1200 or under, because it just seems to work for me at the moment. I have lost 15lbs so far. My goals right now are to lose 50lbs and when I get there I will see how I feel and take it from there. I have a hip problem and I really hate to exercise, but I started a low impact cardio video and I try to do it a few times a week. Baby steps for me in that area. I've been lurking in the forums but have been so afraid to say anything because of all the rude comments...( not all are rude...some are very helpful, and I have learned a lot from them) I am glad to be part of this and I hope to learn a lot more so I can accomplish my goals.
    I love food and I don't plan on omitting anything on my journey...I just need to learn to eat more veggies and learn portion controls.
    Thanks for listening to me and I wish all of you the best with your journey!!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    all of you can add me. I'm a 1200 calorie girl. I also ignore the warnings because I eat healthy and my body gets enough nutrients