A Canadian 40 year old newbie (That's me)

merguson
merguson Posts: 281 Member
Hi! I'm Jen. I'm not new to MFP, that's for sure, but I am new to the group. :) I've done quite well for myself on MFP in the past, but I've slipped and now I'm back to get back to where I was. Healthy. I'm 40 years old, married and have 2 children ages 7 and 11. I teach preschool children during the week and I love my job! I hope to lose about 20 lbs. I enjoy running and walking on the treadmill and walking outside. I'd love to run a 5k this summer. I'm currently looking for a good yoga DVD to add to my day. I'm glad to see a group for those of us in our forties.

Replies

• karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Good luck!! I am training to run a 5k also!! I love running and restarted the c25k again!!
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Welcome !!.. Being over 40 brings it's own set of challenges. Hopefully between all of us we can help each other reach their goals.
  • brewman01
    brewman01 Posts: 44 Member
    Welcome!
    You're in the right place! People are so supportive on here!
    I ran my first 5k last spring...ended up doing three last year. One of them being a mud run/obstacle course.
    Keep up the great work!
  • merguson
    Karen: Thankyou. C25K was how I started running as well.
    Lisa: This group is just what I've been looking for. I need more support from people in my age group. All the groups I found previously were 30's.
    Brewman: That sounds awesome! Good job!

Thanks for the welcome!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    Welcome fellow CANADIAN!
  • merguson
    Welcome fellow CANADIAN!
    Thankyou! I'm in Windsor Ontario