Week 5 Day 1

Well, I must say....I did it!!! woohoo!! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be! When I say 5mins, I was like WHOA!! lol!
But I did it....and now on to day 2!!

Replies

• travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Awesome! I cannot even look ahead at the training chart or I start freaking out! I am just trusting that I can do it when the week comes:) WOOHOO for you!
  • bootcey
    bootcey Posts: 45 Member
    Toot! Toot! for you! Congratulations. You can do it!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Well done. I'm due to start week 5 tomorrow, so fingers crossed I get through it too. :-)
  • Good Luck Ladies Tomorrow is week 5 day 2 for me! I am scared! LOL Wish me luck
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Looking ahead always freaked me out, but I couldn't help myself. You all will do great. The dreaded W5D3 is not as bad as we all make it out to be in our heads. You have got this!!

I actually preferred when the program switched from intervals to straight jogs. I made an awesome running mix on my iPod, hit the sidewalk and went. I'd get into my stride and enjoy the run.

I finished C25k in December and am now doing 5k to 10k. Today is W3D3 and will be a 40 minute "steady run". ~phew~

Good luck!!:smile:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    A good rule of thumb: if you're able to complete the run the day before then you are ready to complete the next day's run. If you've hit week 5, it's nearly in the bag. Halfway done!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    I just did the same one this morning. Felt great. I haven't looked ahead (other than when I saw a post on here) so I'm just taking it as it comes.
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Good Luck Ladies Tomorrow is week 5 day 2 for me! I am scared! LOL Wish me luck
    Good luck! You can totally do it! I did it yesterday and it was easy! I was scared of it for no reason. Running for 8 minutes was not that different than running for 5, and since you only have to do 2 intervals instead of the previous day's 3, it just felt easier.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    You all have the positive attitude it takes to conquer Week 5!
    This week is a mental challenge. Physically, you are ready. You can all do this!

This is the week that everyone vividly remembers. Keep up the good work!
  • anne2605
    I completed day 1 of week 5 this morning and I got through it ok. It's a bit daunting the idea of jumping from running 5 mins to 20 mins in just 3 sessions but I'll just have to not think about the time and just listen to the music and run.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    I'm doing Week 5 for the second time right now. Last time, when I got to day 3 I completely flipped out (mentally) and jumped to Week 6 Day 1 lol The thought of running 20 mins straight is freezing me up. I'm going to give it my best this week though!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I just finished W4D2...when the scary thoughts start to creep in I just picture myself crossing the finish line at the 5k in April, or I tell myself that just 3 weeks ago I was barely doing a minute and now I am pushing out 5. Keep going, you call can do this! If you need some motivation....here is my recommendation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVAwPNMLm-w

When ever I get frustrated or down and worried about what to do next, I listen to this and it pumps me up!
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks everybody!!! We can do this!!!! I've tried the C25k before but this is the furthest I've gotten!! So I"m sticking with it and I'm gonna push forward and Git R Done!!! :-)
  • anne2605
    Well, I set of this morning, in a light drizzle, to complete day 2 of wk 5 of C25K. Did my 5 min warm up walk, no probs. Didn't really take much notice of what Laura was saying to me, got the routine drilled into me now. So started the run. I told myself I wouldn't get fixated on the time but I did. Must try not to do that. I'd ran for some time and I thought "this 5 mins is taking ages" but kept going. When Laura finally interrupted me with "well done you've just ran 8 mins", my legs gave a little wobble but a smile spread across my face. "Wow"! I thought, is it possible I may actually be able to do the 20 min run? There's a big difference between 2 blocks of 8 and 1 straight 20 but I'll give it my best shot. I hope the weather is kind to me on Sunday. Have a healthy good weekend all :-)
  • likitisplit
    You can totally do it! You've been running for 5 weeks now and are ready to put it all together.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    I'm doing Week 5 for the second time right now. Last time, when I got to day 3 I completely flipped out (mentally) and jumped to Week 6 Day 1 lol The thought of running 20 mins straight is freezing me up. I'm going to give it my best this week though!

Once I got to W6D3 when the straight jogs only begin, I actually liked it better than the walk / jog intervals. I warm up and then just go. I have my tunes playing and get into the running zone and it is awesome. Give the dreaded W5D3 a go. I think you will surprise yourself.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    I did my W5D3 20 minute straight today... I was super nervous going in to it. But honestly, I just slowed it down a bit in the beginning until I was sure that I'd last the whole 20 minutes and I did it! I only got about a mile in those 20 minutes (which is half of what my app told me to do) but I lasted 20 minutes straight! I'll get my speed up eventually, it's the time that kills me!
  • likitisplit
    I worried about the time until I hit week 7 and started to speed up naturally. If you look at all the comments on here, most of the graduates of the program are still way under 3 miles in 30 minutes. The thing is that YOU are RUNNING! I hope you're feeling magnificent right now!