Squats

Options
vestarocks
vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
Hey Adam

So my hubby and I started heavy lifting in September and we were doing great. Then our routine changed making it harder to get to the gym every other day to do weights. We are now starting back at it again. Question. We were using the "Smith" machine (I believe that's what it's called). I have since been told that it isn't the way to go (my hubby will continue using it because he has really bad knees and wants the assistance/safety it provides). I would like to go without. My question is the proper form for a squat?

Thanks in advance (and thanks for the daily challenges - I'm loving them).

Replies

• tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I would love to help, but I just do them at home (or my office depending on the day) I hope my form is right, I have watched that Youtube video a couple times to see if Im doing it right.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it with a barbell & heavy weights (well heavy for me). I'll check some more youtube sites - it's hard unless someone is right there watching me do it and correcting me if necessary.
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry for not replying sooner!

OK so squatting with a barbell is a brilliant exercise, however it's hard for me to comment on form without you asking. Could you ask someone at the gym to check your form?

Otherwise I could try and describe a good form but it's not the best method