Weekly chat - Jan 28-Feb 3

Options
neurochamp
neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (neurochamp) <--- was elstein
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)
James (Wolfjj79)
Ijs_leggo

Replies

• neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Hope everyone's doing well, still seems like maybe the winter has peeps keeping busy!

I decided to change my username (was elstein, sorry for any ensuing confusion!). When I signed up I think I did so on my phone and just used the first thing that came to mind, but I'd rather keep a *slight* bit of anonymity. (You may or may not have been able to tell this from the fact that my ONLY picture on my profile is one of the back of my shoulder, lol.)

Anyway. I haven't posted much lately, but I assure you all I'm lurking. I'm finally almost to stage 5 of NROL4W (after some holiday hiatus)! The lifting is kicking my behind, as is the resurrection of my C25K training. It helps that it was close to 50 degrees in Chicago today - great running weather (less good for my sad, unused, new-in-packaging-yet-one-year-old snowshoes...).

I have two motivators to work towards here at the start of 2013: first, I'm going to Mexico for spring break (awesome perk of teaching, going on spring break! though that means bathing suit season comes extra early this year :embarassed:), and second, I'm training for a Warrior Dash. I cannot wait to get muddy and sweaty and utterly gross in June :bigsmile:
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea that was your shoulder! The only thing I could think of was an elbow but I know that would be a really odd place for a tatoo.

I'm going to try getting back to NROL4W this week but at much lighter weights than before, and I'm going to to Romanian deadlifts instead of Conventional. I think I may have been doing the conventional deadlifts wrong back in September and that's what contributed to hurting my back. I loved strength training and I hope I can get through all of the stages in the book!