Easter challenge

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
There is a little over 8 weeks till Easter. It's time to set a weightloss goal to achieve by Easter Monday.

Tell us how much you want to loose by Easter monday, how you will do it and what your reward will be. After all, there is no point setting a goal if you don't know how you will achieve it, and we need something to look forward to at the end!

We will check in weekly to see our progress and encourage each other.

Replies

• demilade
    Options
    I want to loose about 10.4kg to get me under 100kg.
    I will do it by walking/jogging each day, going to the gym at least 3 times a week and cutting sugar and snacks from my diet.
    My treat for under 100 is a day at the hot springs, but if I make it by Easter Monday I will add in a spa treatment, I'm thinking a mud wrap!
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I want to lose a pound and a half to two pounds every week, so by Easter Monday my goal is to be under 205. (My stretch goal is to be below 200 lbs :noway: by my brother's wedding, which is less than two weeks later!)

I changed my MFP settings to calorie goals of losing 2 lbs a week, and will do 5 cardio sessions and 3 strength training sessions a week. I'm going to log everything every day and make sure I drink my water daily.

My reward system is really expensive; I get a treat every five pounds :happy: Husband :heart: really wants me to be healthy and get back to my old size, so he's on board with putting money aside for it! I just earned myself my first massage today! :bigsmile: When I hit 215, I get to go horseback riding on our Maui trip. 210 is a massage at the massage school. 205 is horseback riding on the North Shore (I have a groupon). And under 200, my first major milestone, is a day of pampering with a massage and facial at the day spa. If I hit 200 before my brother's wedding in mid-April, then the day spa switches to an ultra-posh spa in Scottsdale, Arizona, with saunas and steam rooms and cold plunge pools, eucalyptus inhalation relaxation rooms, waterfall hot tubs, and delightfulness all around :love:
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 2 lbs a week. I'm buying a scale tonight so I can confirm 100% what my starting weight is. I plan on achieving my goal by tracking all my food (hard for me) and continuing my gym routine but adding more walks on the days I am not at the gym. I have started spending the last half of my break going for a walk around the neighbourhood near my work in Vancouver.
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    MY goal is to lose 20lbs by easter I know thats a lot But it doesn't hurt to try. My reward is different: I work at our local goodwill and they ar big into healthy habits they even provide healthy foods for us in the breakroom. The Wellness director for our stores has started a weight loss challenge for all of our stores (23) in our district we are dividing into teams of four and seeing which team instore and in our district can lose the most the team that does the best gets prizes for best in store and best in district or store leader is also giving a prize to the best individual weight lose in store.
    I am the Captain of our team and my reward for losing 20lbs by Easter would be knowing that I didn't let my team down that I lead by example.
  • dointammy
    Options
    MY goal is to lose 20lbs by easter I know thats a lot But it doesn't hurt to try. My reward is different: I work at our local goodwill and they ar big into healthy habits they even provide healthy foods for us in the breakroom. The Wellness director for our stores has started a weight loss challenge for all of our stores (23) in our district we are dividing into teams of four and seeing which team instore and in our district can lose the most the team that does the best gets prizes for best in store and best in district or store leader is also giving a prize to the best individual weight lose in store.
    I am the Captain of our team and my reward for losing 20lbs by Easter would be knowing that I didn't let my team down that I lead by example.

Ok I'll admit it would also be great to win a prize The person with the most weight loss will get 2 cash prizes one our store team leader is offering and that's an in store prize the other is a district winner Is it wrong that I want to win both:bigsmile: :tongue: :wink:
  • demilade
    Options
    no! win both and treat yourself for the very hard work you put in. good luck!
  • demilade
    Options
    First weigh in, 1.2 down, 8.9 to go!
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to 201 lbs

I will achieve this by continuing with my minimum of 3 gym sessions a week and adding in an additional weekend session, progressing with my couch to 5K programme and eating healthily.

My reward I already have in a sense in that I've got my Florida holiday booked for October so when I shrink new clothes are needed!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My weight goal for Easter is 199, will be hard though, I haven't lost any weight in 2 week and I am really trying
  • dointammy
    Options
    Well I'm not starting out great.:sad: I maintained instead of losing.:grumble: But I'm not going to worry about I'm just going to work extra hard from now on.:bigsmile:
  • demilade
    Options
    I am 300 grams away from my first goal and my first reward. Hubby better get his wallet out, I think it will happen this week :)
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    I am 300 grams away from my first goal and my first reward. Hubby better get his wallet out, I think it will happen this week :)

Niiiiiiice!
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My goal is to be down 16 pounds by Easter Monday. My plan for reaching that goal is to track all that I eat, stay within my calorie range 90% of the time and be active 5 times a week for 30 minutes or more. I'm starting to walk to school/ work, instead of taking the metro or bus, which adds a lot of activity for me.

I would love to reward myself, but not sure with what yet...
  • demilade
    Options
    Didn't make my mini goal but fairly sure it's hormonal. Only 700g last week and this week so far has been a sugar and carb laden mess. Back on track now, no carbs or sugar for the rest of the week and lots of water.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    I don't know if I can make this goal :cry:
    I haven't been able to lose more than 1.4lbs in any week, and in order to make 205 by Easter I HAVE to lose 1.75 lbs a week.
    I keep getting sidetracked. I'm still losing, but not at the rate I need to. I could probably make 208 by Easter, but not 205.
    Waaah :sad:
  • demilade
    Options
    LOL well i was smashing the biscuits and m&ms yesterday and had zero movement off the couch so today im having massive sugar cravings. Im trying to keep my sugar at zero and my carbs as low as I can, 20 grans today. No bread, pasta, rice or starchy veggies for me. Lots of protein and no snacks. I was doing so well on no sugar and now i have to start all over again. I dont think 99.9kg is doable by easter but i will get as close as i can.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    OMG. I just ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. :sad: Didn't mean to, just never stopped. I'm writing it off as a Fat Tuesday sin and giving up ice cream for 40 days. :cry:

SO disappointed in myself. Bleh.:angry:
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I did that the other day with peanut butter ice cream sandwiches...just couldn't stop myself! Definitely disappointing.
  • missmaegen
    missmaegen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 5 pounds and increase my exercise to 5X per week.
  • demilade
    Options
    so after my little cherubs bought home tummy bugs I have lost massive 7 pounds in 3 days. I dont expect it to stay off so I am not weighing in this week and I will take my weight from next week. Looks like we all went a bit off the rails...