decided to re-start from stage 1...ugh..lol...

Options
okidoki7
okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
hiya, i havent posted in a while due to having not following the workout for the last 8 weeks, i had a real bad knee injury so decided to let exercise slide while i rested.... I'd got as far as stage 3, so have made the decision to start over again, 8 weeks of not training is a lot...anyway my first session was yesterday, felt so good lol...although am slightly regretting it, stage 1 seems sooooooo long !! lol.....however i did start yesterday much heavier than when id finished stage 3, i think i have belief in my abililties,

i hope everyone is getting on good with the programme, will be checking the board for successes and results

so anyone who is just starting or maybe re-starting feel free to add me... :)

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of us starting over in the stage 1 thread. I got to stage 3 as well. Here's to finishing this time!
  • okidoki7
    Options
    oh brilliant thanks :)

yes, lets get it done lol...
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I restarted NROLFW after about a year off. I agree stage 1 seems long. skipped workout 4 so I could move on to the lower reps/higher sets of workout 5.
  • 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I restarted monday after 8 weeks of total laziness,restarted at the weigt I left off at,OUCH!!! I can't move!! I need a hoist just to sit down! getting up is not too bad,workout B today,may just have the parimedics on stand by tommorow, in case I can't move.
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's okay to shorten up stage 1 if you are ready to move on. It seems to be designed more for the newbie to get used to the weight room and get familiar with some of the basic moves. It's a good place to start after an injury like yours. See how it feels and go from there.
  • okidoki7
    Options
    brilliant, thanks, i was only today thinking i may just do half of stage 1 and move onto stage 2...i definitely havent lost any strength in the 8 weeks, but wanted to get my mind back into and warm up, so to speak......i just think the whole 8 workouts again is a bit much lol....
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    brilliant, thanks, i was only today thinking i may just do half of stage 1 and move onto stage 2...i definitely havent lost any strength in the 8 weeks, but wanted to get my mind back into and warm up, so to speak......i just think the whole 8 workouts again is a bit much lol....

If you do half of stage one, I would recommend workouts 3&4 (remembering form) and 7&8 (starting to lift heavier @ 10 reps).