What you may not know about Type 2 Diabetes

Options
bdubya55
bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
Hi,

I've been T2 diabetic for 26 years and would like to share this awesome site with everyone.

Please find this link to: bloodsugar101.com

This site is a fantastic source of information, easy to read and understand for everything diabetes and has been invalauble to me over the years in helping me gain better control.

Best Wishes to the Group!

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I agree completely! I was so grateful to find Jenny's site when I was first diagnosed.
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Interesting site, maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to get off the Metformin.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link. It looks like I have something to do for the next few days.
  • bdubya55
    Options
    Your welcome. Happy to help!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Interesting site, maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to get off the Metformin.

The information on the site was one of the reasons I decided to stay on Met. Just spoke to the endocrinologist today and he reinforced my opinion
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I found that site when I was first diagnosed and looking for any info I could find on T2. :)

I, too, am in no hurry to stop Metformin. It really does seem to help with weight loss.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I was off all diabetes meds as of Jan 1st, but this last week, my morning BG readings were between 15 and 40 points higher than my before bed readings due to sugar dump (very depressing). It was up to 144 yesterday. Yesterday, I put myself back on Metformin to prevent the dumps. All of my other before and after BG readings except for two have been 73-130. I don’t want to EVER be over 140 for ANY reason.
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was off all diabetes meds as of Jan 1st, but this last week, my morning BG readings were between 15 and 40 points higher than my before bed readings due to sugar dump (very depressing). It was up to 144 yesterday. Yesterday, I put myself back on Metformin to prevent the dumps. All of my other before and after BG readings except for two have been 73-130. I don’t want to EVER be over 140 for ANY reason.

A wise decision especially given your other complications.

As for the web site, another +1 from me. I've found it informative as well.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Agreed! That bloodsugar101.com site helped me so much! I, too, don't see anything wrong with staying on the Metformin. The benefits outweigh the risks, imho.
  • crazysquaw51
    Options
    thanks for this info, will check the site out, need all info I can get:smile:
  • bdubya55
    Options
    This Joslin Diabetes Center website below, a Harvard Medical Affiliate, I found for me, is a great comprehensive guide to a better underderstanding of Type 2 Diabetes control.

http://www.joslin.org/info/managing-diabetes.html
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bdubya55
    Options
    This book I found by Gary Scheiner, MS,CDE is a great source of information for those treating their diabetes with insulins.

http://www.amazon.com/Think-Like-Pancreas-Practical-Insulin-Completely/dp/0738215147
  • ZiggyX97
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I have been T2 for about five years and have been controlling with diet and exercise. My a!c was 6.0 a couple of days ago. I went to diet and exercise because I had a very bad reaction to metformin and will not go back to that. But that;s just for me. I have friends that are on metformin and some on insulin and it works for them. I am starting my food tracking on My Fitness Pal because when I don't track for a time, the weight creeps up.
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    *bump*