Calling all INSANITY survivors

Options
Calling all INSANITY survivors….did you up your calories in the second month?? If so to what?? My current calories are 1800 daily at 5ft 6 inches, 137 lbs

Replies

• timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I get so freaking hungry when I do Insanity! I wasn't doing EM2LW then, so I was just putting in my calories burned with my Heart rate monitor, but that was about an extra 150 to 200 calories a workout. Good luck, that last month is killer!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Nope, I had my activity level adjusted for my cut and doing crazy insanity.. surprisingly the second month and first month were almost the same calorie burn wise from my HRM.. its just different moves but almost the same amount of time.. warm up and cool down are longer.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at the end of my 4th week on Insanity and I'm eating between 1600-1800 calsories a day. Sometimes I do go over if I'm hungry. I kind of play it by ear. I haven't lost anything on it yet but a few inches.

How are you been doing weight/inches wise on it?
  • Sullerson
    Sullerson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I added about 25g of carbs pre-workout to help get me through.
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm almost at the end of my 4th week on Insanity and I'm eating between 1600-1800 calsories a day. Sometimes I do go over if I'm hungry. I kind of play it by ear. I haven't lost anything on it yet but a few inches.

I’m on day 2 of the rest week at the minute (day 3 tomorrow). Its great for the arms!! Sometimes I just don’t have the energy to get up and do it everyday….have you been doing it everyday non-stop?
    Also have you been eating the meal plan that comes with it?

I started out with 1700 on my first week and that was fine but when I tried to eat at that on the second week I was so hungry so I upped it to 1800 and have stayed there for weeks 2, 3, 4 and 5. I think I will continue with 1800 for 6, 7, 8 and 9 but just see what my body is telling me :)

I haven’t weighed or measured yet….I am doing that on Sunday – as my half way marker! And then go from there and see what I should be tweaking diet wise. I don’t stick to the meal plan but my diet is usually (the odd bad day) the following:-

5am INSANITY
    8:30am Jodie Marsh Jdiet Whey with skimmed milk, 3 rice cakes and 30g natural peanut butter
    11am green tea & 25g almonds
    1pm Meat or Fish salad
    3pm Jodie Marsh Jdiet Whey with skimmed milk
    6:30pm Meat or Fish and Veg

Could you give me a mini breakdown of your meal plan?

I do feel a lot stronger I must say and a lot fitter. I think my arms have lost an inch and maybe my waist. Will update you on Sunday.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I’m on day 2 of the rest week at the minute (day 3 tomorrow). Its great for the arms!! Sometimes I just don’t have the energy to get up and do it everyday….have you been doing it everyday non-stop?
    Also have you been eating the meal plan that comes with it?

I started out with 1700 on my first week and that was fine but when I tried to eat at that on the second week I was so hungry so I upped it to 1800 and have stayed there for weeks 2, 3, 4 and 5. I think I will continue with 1800 for 6, 7, 8 and 9 but just see what my body is telling me :)

I haven’t weighed or measured yet….I am doing that on Sunday – as my half way marker! And then go from there and see what I should be tweaking diet wise. I don’t stick to the meal plan but my diet is usually (the odd bad day) the following:-

5am INSANITY
    8:30am Jodie Marsh Jdiet Whey with skimmed milk, 3 rice cakes and 30g natural peanut butter
    11am green tea & 25g almonds
    1pm Meat or Fish salad
    3pm Jodie Marsh Jdiet Whey with skimmed milk
    6:30pm Meat or Fish and Veg

Could you give me a mini breakdown of your meal plan?

I do feel a lot stronger I must say and a lot fitter. I think my arms have lost an inch and maybe my waist. Will update you on Sunday.

No I haven't been doing it every day. I try to do it M-F. I think I've only missed 1 or 2 days of it. I do it with co-workers in our gym here at work so that's why we only do M-F. Then I try to do a few other things like aqua zumba, regular, zumba, and lifting when I can at night or on the weekends.

I don't follow the diet plan. I eat about 1800 a day as well. I try to eat healthy with 40/30/30 but I really struggle with diet. That is my biggest weak spot. I can do the workouts but struggle with staying on track food wise. I know if i could get that right I'd drop a lot of weight.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    yep by about 250.