My Muscles Grow so slowly and it's frustrating

Options
Hi Everyone =] I just joined this group so I am a newbie. I have been lifting for 5 months now which I know isn't very long I am showing progress but I am getting frustrated I feel like my muscles should be growing faster then they are. Does anyone else on here get frustrated with there muscle growth? What do you do to stay motivated and get past it. Also feel free to add me I would love to be able to talk to other women who lift : )

Replies

• Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That is one of the hardest things for me. Over the last couple years, I have been lifting. I only recently realized that while my biceps have only grown 1/4 inch in the last year or so, they LOOK different. The composition of my upper arm has changed, and actually looks more muscular.

Remember that as women we naturally build muscle slower.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to make sure you mean size and not strength? (they are different) I'm with Anna that my muscles look better/more defined but I have not gained in size (still 11in biceps). I'd double check your nutrition make sure you are getting enough protein to promote growth and amio acids. Also have some carbs with your after workout protein to get that protein into your muscles for building.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My next comment is that you might be doing too much cardio to allow your muscles to repair enough to grow.
  • mrs_officer94
    Options
    I am in the same boat as u! I have begun lifting again but adding more weight though it might take some time. Women unfortunately produce less tesosterone as men therefore it will take more time to see a difference. After 3-4 weeks your body gets used to the same type of exercise routine you perform where you can hit a plateu! From what i have been reading online is, by tricking your body and do different exercises and add more weight (if u feel u can), then ur body will respond quicker. What kind of strength training do u like to do?

Great question by the way i am also interested in learning more about weight lifting and so on.

A website that helped me a lot with info and u will find all types of tips on it..www.bodybuilding.com

:):) Chloe x
  • mrs_officer94
    Options
    Also if you want to bulk up u should eat more carbs and protein but if you want to sculpt your body still increase calorie intake but not as much, depending on your goal.