What type of EXERCISE are you doing? How much/often?

I'm going to be doing Zumba, Spin and Yoga!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    i do snow shoeing, kangoo running, fast walking right now in the winter, and 300 sit ups a day, in the summer it all changes,, roller blading, cycling, swimming,,,
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    I do dancing, cardio max (circuit), walking, stationary bike, this summer i'm adding swimming.
    I exercise 6days a week. 30+ minutes a day. trying to get up 60min. :)
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    I dont get as much in as I should...Been trying the 30 day shred (only day 2!!) I have hand weights and do various arm workouts, lots of squats, push ups and sit ups. I also clean up after a 2 year old and if you dont think thats exercising come over to my house on a saturday lol
  • I have about two miles of walking built into my daily work schedule (public transportation doesn't seem to go within a mile of my job), I also am just about to start the 30 Day Shred again, and hopefully do more than a few sporadic days this time! I'm also looking for some kind of cardio kickboxing, I took a class a few years ago and loved it, but am looking for a good tape now since a gym class really isn't in my budget right now.
  • lilwalt99
    lilwalt99 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm doing a Step Plus Abs class twice a week at my gym. I'm trying out the Kickbox Cardio class tonight and hope to add that to the rotation. I'm signed up for a few 5Ks so I'm trying to get 60 minutes on the treadmill 3 days a week. I just ordered Shred and I want to try that out too. Bascially, I try to mix it up a bit so I don't get bored.
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Some Zumba, Treadmill-I live in MN and it's very cold and slippery outside so indoor anything. Dance around while cleaning my house works too when I can't do the Zumba videos. Just trying to stay active and motivated :smile:
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    I do circuit training for upper body 3x a week, and 15-30 min eliptical 5x a week. Just returned to the gym at the beginning of January, and wonder why I ever left, love that place! I'm ready to be involved with a group of focused individuals!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,426 Member
    I love running (just started last fall) right now because of winter I'm running at the gym. Trying to do a 5K 3 - 4 times a week. My other days I lift weights following the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Lunch hours, I walk 2 miles at the mall. I just got a fitbit a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed I"m much more active at work during the week then the weekends (and I have a desk job!) Time to rev up my weekends :smile:
  • keya51
    keya51 Posts: 25 Member
    I do beach body's Slim in 6. currently on Ramp it Up which is the 2nd dvd. and I think I will add a 30 minute walk at the end of my day with my daughter. I want to start a running habit so I have included the late afternoon walk.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    I dont get as much in as I should...Been trying the 30 day shred (only day 2!!) I have hand weights and do various arm workouts, lots of squats, push ups and sit ups. I also clean up after a 2 year old and if you dont think thats exercising come over to my house on a saturday lol

I have a 3yr old so i'm right there with you. I have a saying cleaning house with a 3yr old is like shoveling snow before it stops snowing! LOL
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    I ride my stationary bike and pilates abs when I force myself to actually do it!
  • I normally run. Currently i am recovering from foot injury and am walking at least 30 minutes a day.
  • I've been sick for the past couple of months, but this month (Feburary) my goals are no soda, no fast food (other than subway, it's semi healthy, lol), 100 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, and a 2 minute plank every day. I'm also going to be using my WiiFit at least 30 minutes or a Biggest Loser exercise video. I'm in Illinois, and with this weather that doesn't know what it's doing from minute to minute, it's just better to stay indoors.
  • sarrora
    sarrora Posts: 37 Member
    walking for 7 hours a week
    starting C25k tomorrow
    dancing on just dance 4 on xbox for 3.5 hours a week
    starting insanity tomorrow
    hopefully i'm going to stick to it >_<
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    As of right now, I have been going to the gym 3-5 times a week and logging about 45-60 minutes on the treadmill. Starting the 1st of the month, I will be doing Brazil Butt lift (through the month), a plank challenge and a squat challenge. Starting March 1st, I'll be starting up with Insanity. Should be interesting. I just need to stay motivated and focused.
  • jaybird110
    jaybird110 Posts: 16 Member
    Treadmill 3-4 times a week right now. I'm such a sissy about the cold, so I don't run outside until it gets warmer.
    Going to make myself start some strength training! I get so bored during though, and think about how I'd rather be doing cardio! :P
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    I have been doing Jillian Michael's dvd's and recently just tried her No More Trouble Zones & loved it! =) Sooo I plan on doing NMTZ 4 days a week and my C25K workout on the other 3 days! =) On C25K days I add a little walk before to warm up my muscles...I found that helps ALOT.
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    I usually just do 30-45 minutes on the elliptical 4-6 days a week and alternate days doing some form of weight machine. I want to add videos, something that I can do at home before my shower and bed at night. I have Jillian Micheals 30DS and some others in my archive, but I don't what to start with.
  • acdeno
    acdeno Posts: 4 Member
    Let's see....I'm half way through my HM training.

So, lots of running and walking. I use the elliptical and a stationary bike as a cross train. Past couple of weeks have been off but my weekly goal is to get into the gym for 2-3 strength training workouts a week as well using machines and free weights.

Biggest issue is controling the diet enough and gaining a little more consistency to start dropping the weight and getting off this self creating plateau. It just seems every time I make some progress I fall off the wagon.