Hips and Kicks

Options
ewhsweets
ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
Hey all....

If you're like me and not accustomed to kicking...you might have noticed that you're hips still might be sore after three + weeks of workouts (I know I doubled up a few times a week)....I found that one of the reasons why is that I wasn't bending my grounded leg enough when I kick....stretching has 'DEFINATELY' worked wonders :)

This one in particular....I can't figure out how to insert an image...so...mind my description.

Lay on your back, legs out, arms out. Pull one leg across the other bent with opposite hand - keeping other leg flat against the floor. Look toward your straight arm that should still be on the floor out to the side. Repeat on the other side.

Keep those knees bent!!!!

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I got combat purely for a better routine for hip flexibility all the stretching I the world wasn't doing it for me. With still doing tai Cheng and now combat, my hip range of motion is totally improved. I don't bend my standing leg but don't feel I need to my balance one legged is good and the kick comes from my glutes and hamstrings which are also benefitting from the kicks