I soooooo wish I could do jumping exercises!!!!!!

Options
merguson
merguson Posts: 281 Member
I can't be the only one who can't do jumping exercises!? Can I?? Everytime I jump a little, I pee a little.:embarassed: I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but.....At work (I teach preschool) I try to get the kids moving but every time I jump..... I so want to try some kind of exercise class but I'm so afraid of peeing my pants!! Oh and Kegels, ya, those don't really seem to help. End of rant. Guess I'll stick to walking and running for exercise.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• svtrich
    svtrich Posts: 24
    Options
    wow that sucks. I guess it could be worse:blushing: walking it great,I wish I could do it but I have bad knees:sad:
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try to practice the squeezing pelvic area exercise everyday or whenever you can, even while teaching. 10 times. Or as many times as you can. That will help to tighten the muscles around that area. As we grow older, muscles tend to loosen esp after giving birth.
  • kdew2
    kdew2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't really do jumping exercises either, but it is due to a bad knee. I sometimes have your issue when I sneeze though so I totally understand. Lol.
  • shinylizard
    shinylizard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bad knee here too, I've had one replaced, and the other feels like it needs it. I'd love to be able to do Jillian or run. But....we do what we can!
  • AngiKell
    AngiKell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh my do we all sound old! ;) Jumping exercises hurt my knees and ankles. That's why I enjoy Leslie Sansone and my Kinnect YSFE game. They work my legs and heart without hurting my joints.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For those with bad knee, strengthen up the thighs with sumo squats, that had helped me to get back to skipping and started running.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i do jumping exercises, love them!~
  • blouitr
    blouitr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOL I have had the same issue! It has actually gotten better though the more I have exercised. I was actually wearing a pad for a while because I was so worried!
  • merguson
    Options
    LOL I have had the same issue! It has actually gotten better though the more I have exercised. I was actually wearing a pad for a while because I was so worried!

Really??? It got better? How? What did you do? I was thinking about buy some pads. I really want to do 30d Shred, but all those jumping jack and rope skipping oh my!!!!
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Do your kegal exercises (look it up) and pilates. Will strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and tighten up the muscles.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have found that the longer you continue to do them over a period of time, the better it becomes! When I first started it was not pretty as well, but have o problems at all now;)
  • arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Everyone is correct. Keep with the kegals and pelvic tightening. If in a couple months you still have an issue, speak with your doctor about possibly having your bladder slung. :) I have had a few friends do this and were very happy with the results. Until then, wear protective pads. AND JUMP AWAY! :) I had my bladder reslung when Ihad my hysterectomy in 98. Now that bad boy is as tight as can be.
  • rvfamily4
    Options
    Yep, been there. Like one person said for me it is when I sneeze hard. I heard that there was medication for it. Have you talked with your doctor about it? Obviously your not the only one so I would use a pad and do what you want to do. Don't let it stop you!
  • merguson
    Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words of advice. I may mention it to my doctor the next time i go in. I really don't want a bladder suspension though:noway:
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ha! I did the 30 day shred for the first time yesterday and had the same wetting problem! I was mortified and stopped to go the bathroom. Same problem five minutes later. I had a baby two years ago and many women in their 20s on my birth board complain of the same problem when exercising or sneezing. No sling for me either.
  • TheBoev
    TheBoev Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    YEP. Exercising, sneezing, coughing and miles 8-13 :O) I can do some jumping as long as it's one leg and then the other, never both at the same time :) Kegels, I can never remember to do them!
  • seamstressless
    Options
    I don't even know if that would happen for me... I just can't bring myself to jump! it's some kind of bizarre fear - might be jiggling related, I suppose.
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ALL else fails .....you can plan your jumping and wear a depend type of under garment.....then JUMP JUMP TO IT!!!!

NONETHELESS....DO WHACHA CAN AND LOVE IT!!!
  • audra0831
    Options
    This might be too much information, but...I was doing the Rockin' Body exercise DVD this morning, and halfway through I peed. A lot. I had to stop, because it was running down my legs. Kegels? Nah, do nothing. Unfortunately I think it's our age (can't believe I just said that!). Poise Pads have become my new best friend. :sad:
  • jbhmac
    jbhmac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG-me too! I was so embarassed to admit it. I have to pee mid-workout every time. Is it really age? C'mon I'm only 40! I did have a baby a couple years ago though..