kangaroo pouch

Options
1newcat
1newcat Posts: 75 Member
Hello all,

I incorporated strength training 4x a week with a trainer about 5 weeks ago, i have this terrible pouch from pregnancy/csections.... i am doing a lot of upper and lower ab work, but I guess i am wondering if its truly possible to train this away and if so, besides leg lifts and lower abs work, what else is there that might help?

Replies

• karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    training it will help define the muscle under the pooch. But the pooch itself is generally made up of loose skin & fat. Hydration will help improve the elasticity of your skin, a bit - and again defining the muscle / growing it will help - but you'll need to loose fat to actually reduce the majority of this area. And it will reduce last on most women...

I'd advise lowering your fat intake a good bit to see quicker results (not magic but quicker) whether you want to loose weight or just tone up what you have, adjust what you DO in to be very low fat & you shuold see some good resluts. I've been lifting for going on 7 mo, and i can finally see my obliques, my pooch is still there tho, much less than it used to be - i can "almost" flex it away :)
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this question. This is the last area on me and it's nice to know I'm not alone. A BIG thank you to the previous poster for your profile pic!!!!!! This is exactly where I am at. Nice obliques, I can see lines, but the mid part is poochy.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks!, hard work & consistancy will eventually get it all down. I am at the point where I can "flex" my mid section & feel the muscle underneath :) - my goal is 17% bf right now & per my calipers i'm @ 21.4...
  • berlys
    berlys Posts: 27
    Options
    I am told that running does the job. I'm having a tough time getting rid of the last bit of mine. It's kind of in my genes. Big belly and no butt.lol I haven't been doing as much running as should be, but I think it really does do the trick.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was complaining about mine one day and was told by a friend that it was "rather endearing"... our bodies do carry our history!