Replies

• hvenable
    hvenable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had Neuroendocrine Pancreatic Cancer
  • joycepenny1
    joycepenny1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with stage 3 follicular non-hodgkins lymphoma in 2008. Chemo put in remission and I am still holding on to it!!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Stage 4a cervical cancer, spread to bladder. Currently in treatment.
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1A Cervical Cancer. Doing great since December!
  • 1CAS
    1CAS Posts: 5
    Options
    Advance stage Lung cancer Dx 2/12. No symptoms, No predisposition.
  • alligatorsmile
    Options
    stage 2 papillary thyroid cancer. diagnosed about jan 31st this year. currently in treatment
  • superwaffles36
    Options
    Ewings Sarcoma, still in treatment.
  • yrambot
    yrambot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI Folks! What an inspiration to find this group! I have a very rare type of Ocular (eye) cancer that I was treated for this past winter. I am not technically in "remission" yet, but am waiting for more test results in May to determine if the treatment was successful or not. It's called Choroidal melanoma.
  • SteadyEdina
    SteadyEdina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stage 4 low grade ovarian cancer
  • windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Skin cancer, basal cell. Diagnosed with 2 spots in september of 2010. Had to retreat one spot in february 2012. All my checkups have been good since.
  • chacha79
    chacha79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stage 2 Papillary Thyroid Cancer... diagnosed in 2011... Remission since September 2011
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Stage IV or metastatic HER2+ breast cancer.

Still receive Herceptin every 3 weeks.

Weekly Taxol for 5 months from 2/2012 to 6/2012
    Double mastectomy 11/2012

Stable at this point and knocking on lots of wood and picking up lots of pennies.
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The first time around it was a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor with rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiation... and I had it in my left hip. The short name for this is a triton tumor. I then had a MPNST in my left calf and MPNST lesions in both lungs. My first bout was in1997.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    follicular / papillary thyroid cancer metastasized. Discovered in 2005 in remission since 2007.
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Bethany. :-)
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Esthesioneuroblastoma (a rare tumor on the olfactory nerve). I had surgery, chemo and radiation over the last 5 months. I started back full time at work this week (on April Fools Day of course!). My February scans looked good, I'll have more in May as well as monthly visits to my surgeon for the next year.

Less than 1,000 people have been diagnosed with this type of tumor - it's unfortunate that my luck couldn't have been parlayed instead into some lottery winnings...
  • ColleenRep
    ColleenRep Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Uterine Cancer in remission since 3/2012.
  • miked7344
    miked7344 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Signet Ring Adenocarcinoma of the appendix. Diagnosed September 2012.
  • Pamslife62
    Pamslife62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Head and Nieck (tonsil) 6 years remission!!
  • Crazy_Catlady
    Options
    Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with Stage 3a Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2009, and declared ned in June 2010. On March 4, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I will be getting a bilateral mastectomy soon after 2 lumpectomies indicated dirty margins, and I hope that I can get back in the saddle and work out again!