What type of cancer...

Options

Replies

• jmchir
    jmchir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lung. I had the rest of my right lung removed in Feb 2012 and have gained 20 lbs since then. Time to lose those 20 plus a few more.
  • Mele1973
    Options
    Stage IV breast cancer with bone and liver mets. Still in active treatments, and I'm one tough cookie!! I see there are lots more here, too. Awesome!
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in 2011 at age 45. Had salvage radiation treatments in 2013 because PSA levels where continuing to rise. First post radiation PSA check was very good at .009. Hopefully they continue to go down to an undetectable level. Will have recurring checks every 6 months. Just joined MFP and found this group. Will be walking the Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Las Cruces NM on January 26th.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    God I hate this f*cking disease. I'm sorry to see so many stage IV right out of the gate. Keep up the good fight. =)

Stage 1b ILC breast cancer dx'd 1/2012
  • marzellajoseph
    Options
    I am 17 was diagnosed with ALL (Leukemia) at 14.
    Options
    I am 17 was diagnosed with ALL (Leukemia) at 14.

{{{hugs}}}
  • Jmom146
    Options
    Vocal cord cancer - finished radiation in July after 3 surgeries didn't do the trick. Going in every three months for follow ups.
    Options
    Vocal cord cancer - finished radiation in July after 3 surgeries didn't do the trick. Going in every three months for follow ups.

Best of luck to you =)
  • bmondloch
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in 2011 at age 45. Had salvage radiation treatments in 2013 because PSA levels where continuing to rise. First post radiation PSA check was very good at .009. Hopefully they continue to go down to an undetectable level. Will have recurring checks every 6 months. Just joined MFP and found this group. Will be walking the Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Las Cruces NM on January 26th.

Finished the Half Marathon in 2 hours and 47 minutes. It was 5 th overall and 1st in my age group.
    Options

Finished the Half Marathon in 2 hours and 47 minutes. It was 5 th overall and 1st in my age group.

Amazing =))))))))))))))))
  • bmondloch
    Options
    Thank you. I really enjoy walking so having a goal like this is the best way to stay motivated. My next half marathon will probably be in October
  • chadsgirl10
    Options
    Breast cancer
  • Rachel_Susannah
    Options
    Fibrosarcoma of the left hip, but am blessed to be in remission. Keep up the good fight everyone! Best wishes, Rachel
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1st time non-hodgkins lymphoma and thyroid cancer
    2nd time thyroid cancer
  • WSU_AJ21
    WSU_AJ21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hodgkins Lymphoma Stage 2a in 2008 - "cured"
    Follicular nonhodgkins in 2012 grade 3 stage 2 - currently in remssion

I gained a lot of weight with my first treatment, and spiraled after that.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Super awesome job! That's great! :)
  • bmondloch
    Options
    Super awesome job! That's great! :)
    [/quote]

Thank you it was fun. Little sore for a couple of days but it was so worth it.
  • barbiecart
    barbiecart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Google. 57 centres in uk helps post radiotherapy:smile::smile:
  • Eslush
    Options
    30 year old Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor 4 months post treatment. I never want to go thru that again and gaining control of my over all health is key! Nice to meet everyone :)
  • barbiecart
    barbiecart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine was Fallopian tube tube cancer, quite rare & agressive. this week I am 3yrs post surgery! Yeay!
    :happy: