Newbie gains?

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
How long does this last? And as a women, can you really put on significant muscle eating a deficit with these newbie gains? I've heard it's hard for a woman to gain muscle even when eating a surplus, so I would assume that we wouldn't get much out of these newbie gains. I haven't gotten much insight on this though. Can anyone tell me more?

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you are significantly overweight, you can only put on about 1 - 2lb of muscle. The gains will only last a few months, with diminishing returns.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Unless you are significantly overweight, you can only put on about 1 - 2lb of muscle. The gains will only last a few months, with diminishing returns.

I've been at this almost 4 months, unless Chalean Extreme counts (dumb bell lifting & not exactly heavy w/ only 1 set), then I've been doing it 6+ months. I guess I've ran out of mine.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I've been at this almost 4 months, unless Chalean Extreme counts (dumb bell lifting & not exactly heavy w/ only 1 set), then I've been doing it 6+ months. I guess I've ran out of mine.

Speculation: Think of it less like a time limit and more like an easy-gain limit. Example: if a noob lifter were to somehow have such horrible training that they made zero gains for months, then they finally use an effective training method, I would still expect some noob gains because they're still essentially starting from scratch in terms of their current physique vs their genetic limits. Edit: I'm using this as an example and I'm not referring to your specific training.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Speculation: Think of it less like a time limit and more like an easy-gain limit. Example: if a noob lifter were to somehow have such horrible training that they made zero gains for months, then they finally use an effective training method, I would still expect some noob gains because they're still essentially starting from scratch in terms of their current physique vs their genetic limits. Edit: I'm using this as an example and I'm not referring to your specific training.

^^agreed. The couple of months would be with a decent progressive loading lifting program.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is helpful.