Phase 2 food

MrsH2132012
MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
Who's getting in 12 oz of protein with M3 & M4?!

& Meal 5... Jamie says she wants to cut back evening carbs
I can do 4oz protein 2/3c brown rice option but isn't that alot if complex carb for "cutting back"

I like just veggies for dinner with my protein
So instead if 30c with the rice I get 10-15 with veggies

What's the "science" behind her nutrition plan in phase 2

Replies

• mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    I wish I knew. I have modified her plan drastically. I don't like or desire to eat meat like that. I do lots of nuts & meat alternatives.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Honestly, I'm not following her plan to a T, but I'm trying to eat mini meals throughout the day, and eat as clean as I can. And I've been doing well with that. Maybe for my next go-round of LiveFit, I'll try to figure out the meal plan, but right now, I'm just trying to eat clean.
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    I'm not following her meal plan to a T either. I'm just using it as guidance and eating as clean as I can. I stick to eating as many meals as she says but I'm not a big meat eater so I'm getting my protein from other stuff.
  • I too am not following it. I didn't feel like I could eat like that "forever". I'm cooking the foods I like, but really clean. I feel like I can sustain this type of eating forever. I tried to do the "lean chicken" for practically every meal a few years back and now I can hardly stomach chicken anymore:(
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Smart move Lindsey. I guess I'm sorta adapting that approach too. It makes sense.
    After the program, I still want to eat healthy.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    :bigsmile: I think if I were getting ready for a body building contest, I would follow her way of eating, but you're right. It's not a long-term plan. I've been reading Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Recharged book, and it makes total sense to me. Eat healthy, wholesome foods, plain and simple. Also, watch portions, which is a given. I also get Oxygen magazine, and am loving the recipes and articles.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    I've found her meal plan to be great! The mix of carbs, fats, and proteins are really helpful. Her recipes and ideas for the mini meals have been really helpful as well as the idea of timing when you eat the majority of your carbs in the day. It's really been helping me to slim down
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    I'm following it pretty dang close but the 6oz protein followed by 6oz protein might not be doable for me ????

I'm an egg white monster ????

Thank you for all the replies!!!