should I go on to week 4?

Options
Hi everyone,

So I've just completed week 3. Found the last run really tough. I did it and ran longer overall and at a faster pace than the other 2, plus it was really windy but because I struggled I'm doubting myself that I can do week 4 - i mean 5 minutes running!? 3 minutes is hard enough! But should I just go for it?

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Go for it!! Don't listen to that little voice of doubt in your mind. You CAN do this!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you finished Week 3 you can go on to Week 4. If you felt really tired, just slow down a little. In the later weeks I found holding myself back on the speed allowed me to keep going for the time. For me, the endurance comes first and the speed follows naturally on its own. Staying out of my own head has always been the hardest part. Stay positive. You can do this!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. If you finished the day before, you are physically ready for the next day: the program is set up that way. Like Lori said, it sounds like you need to slow down. Don't worry about speed right now - if you let yourself reserve enough to get you through a run right now, you will have more than enough later in the program and will be able to naturally pick up speed.

And, btw, congratulations on finishing Week 3. It totally kicked my butt!
  • anewsam
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I did try week 4 and did the first run successfully! Was flippin hard and I didn't think I'd do it but I did and it was the furthest and fastest I'd ran so far! On to Run 2 today! :D
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here smiling for you. Woo Hoo for you.

Now, slow down or week 5 is going to kill you.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! I did try week 4 and did the first run successfully! Was flippin hard and I didn't think I'd do it but I did and it was the furthest and fastest I'd ran so far! On to Run 2 today! :D

Great job!