How did you do?

Options
Crookey21
Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
last day of the first month of the new year: didnt reach my goal of 20 visits to the gym, but today will be 18...so close enough. Weight myself this morning: 296.5. YES!!! and ive felt noticibly different on my return to the baseball field. i moved better and i think my swing has gotten faster too. today was a great month in my progress!! anybody else wanna share?

Replies

• sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    YAY Crookey! That's fabulous progress!

I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 pounds this month (I've been bouncing around this week by about 1.5 pounds). That means I took off all of the holiday weight and am making forward progress again. Not bad considering that I was sick for two weeks with the flu and hurt my back again right after New Year. Not much working out!

For February, my plan is to keep steady on my calories (I've been between 1200 - 1400 for a week or two now and am liking it), take advantage of my PT for my back, walk 10K steps per day, 5x per week at least, until cleared to work out again, and continue to be fabulous. By the end of February I have a feeling I'll need some new clothes - everything is big even now!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I changed up my exercise program this month and started working with a trainer once a week. I lost just about 3 lbs which is great for me since I have only 4 left to reach goal. I've dropped inches and BF% as well. I ran a personal best 2 mile time of 16:13 and can now easily stay below 17 min for 2 miles. I've been able to increase all my weight while lifting. I also started bumping up my calories to 1800-1900. I'm feeling good and getting good workouts in. I've also had a lot of fun finding new recipes and cooking some good meals for myself.
  • Stanski21
    Options
    Great work folks!
    My month has been equally successful. 9lbs lost. Worked out 4-5 times a week, smashing many of my PBs at the gym.
    My greatest victories has been at running. I said I would run 100Km in the 50 days of this challenge. As of yesterday, I have run 85Km! When I started this journey, I was running 5Km in 35mins or so.

Yesterday's run:10Km in 57Min 10seconds!
  • Scrasey2
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs in my first 4 weeks and am very pleased with that.

Lots of walking, swimming and making sure I am not going over my calorie allowance.

I am loving it and am already getting back into some of my smaller clothes.

Bring on February! Good luck all for the next 4 weeks.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It was my first month at a gym and I surprised myself by trying so many new things. So far I have used the elliptical, cycle, strider, treadmill, free weights and machines. I took Zumba classes, step and a yoga class. It is freeing to try new things and feel good about your efforts. I lean so much from reading everyone's accomplishments . Thanks