My intro and some questions

Options
cirka2002
cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
HI! I'm Jennifer (38) and currently on week 4 of the C25K treadmill version. I'm really looking forward to finishing this program.

My daughter and I want to do some 5k's this spring so once the weather warms up a bit, I will be starting over with her and we will do the program together outside. (she's only 10 and they won't let her use the gym equipment) I was planning on downloading a podcast and I'll bee looking thought the post about the ones you all recommend. My question is, is there a way we can both listen to it without earphones? (I'm pretty non-tech and don't have a fancy cell phone, so I'll be looking to purchase possibly a mp3 player or something similar)

Also, I can't seem to be able to complete the last running section of week 4, should I re-do week 4 next week before moving on?

Thanks! Looking forward to reading through the posts!
Jennifer

Replies

• loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I finished C25k and have moved onto 5k to 10k. I don't use podcasts. I used the C25k and now the 5k to 10k apsp by active.com. I have it downloaded on my android and just crank the volume so I do not have to use headphones. (Mostly b/c I am using my headphones to listen to my ipod). I imagine if you wanted to spend the $$ for an itouch, you could still download apps. My ipod is ancient and I am considering an itouch so I don't have to run with both my phone and my ipod. But holy moly they are pricey!

The only time I repeated a week was after week 2 I had to take a week off for an injury. That early in the program I went with caution and repeated W2 before moving on to W3. Week 7 was brutal for me. I added a short walk break near the end of all three week 7 runs. I still moved on to week 8.

I love running outside. I am using the treadmill now out of necessity and loath it. It has been in the 20's where I live. I'll go out down to about 30F, but 20's is just plain unpleasant to run in. I cannpt wait for it to warm up a bit so I can get back outside.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You might want to get a small speaker that you can slip into your pocket or something.

If you're having trouble on the last run, try slowing down and pacing yourself through the run. Repeating that day might make sense, to get a better sense of the speed you need to maintain to complete W5. But doing the whole week seems like overkill.