My Hair?!

Options
CoffeeNBooze
CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
I have been eating primal for a short while now, and just to keep this brief, my hair has gone from being damaged, brittle and thin back to thick, soft, and stronger pigment!! Anyone else notice similar changes with their hair? I hope this doesn't sound too crazy. I'm definitely satisfied with whatever is making this happen!!

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    my male pattern baldness would say otherwise... lol..
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Yes, my hair is defintely healthier, shinier, sronger, less breakage and splitting & I flat iron all the time , alomst everyday, it was falling out like crazy before, now there is much less falling out :bigsmile:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had the same results.

Also, my I am showing less gray..........
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options
    Yes, my hair is defintely healthier, shinier, sronger, less breakage and splitting & I flat iron all the time , alomst everyday, it was falling out like crazy before, now there is much less falling out :bigsmile:

That's awesome!!! This way of eating is so amazing for us. I knew I wasn't crazy, haha
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get compliments on how healthy and shiny my hair is - my aunt even said she couldn't sit behind me in church because it's distracting. I think it's kind of funny. I swear it's not as dark as it was getting either, but that might just be grays coming in.

My nails grow like crazy, too, and they're really strong!
  • JScarbo
    JScarbo Posts: 30
    Options
    Only 4 weeks into my best at Paleo. Nothing w/ the hair, but have been doing CrossFit for 4 weeks and have noticed that it has helped me w/ my Asthma. I typically will have to slow down on runs do to weazing, but Monday doing 200m interval runs I did not weaze at all. I can only believe that it's the Paleo (maybe I'm crazy).
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options
    Only 4 weeks into my best at Paleo. Nothing w/ the hair, but have been doing CrossFit for 4 weeks and have noticed that it has helped me w/ my Asthma. I typically will have to slow down on runs do to weazing, but Monday doing 200m interval runs I did not weaze at all. I can only believe that it's the Paleo (maybe I'm crazy).

I don't think you're crazy!! The health benefits are incredible so early in!! I read success stories on Mark's Daily Apple about people having their asthma being completely cleared up. I'm happy for you!

(I could seriously cry, bc I destroyed my hair with chemicals and resigned myself to the fact it was 'dead' )
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    One of the great advantages of coconut oil....
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm seeing less hair falling out in the shower, but I'm more impressed by how quickly my hair and nails seem to grow now! And my nails definitely don't break or split like they used to either.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    been paleo for 16 months and I have notices a huge difference in my hair growth and quality, nails same/same BUT my skin is the best improvement!!
    I have had KP (keritosis pilarius sp?) since I was a child.....40 years and within the first month it was almost gone. I personally think it was from grains and/or dairy. I dont have the hormonal breakouts I used to have and I just feel....SO...DARN GOOD!!!!!!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My hair is also very shiny and vibrant. I use the no'poo method with baking soda, and an acv rinse with tea tree and lavendar oils. I've noticed that my hair grows a whole lot faster eating Paleo/Primal. It's a beautiful thing. My skin is also not as dry.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My hair is also very shiny and vibrant. I use the no'poo method with baking soda, and an acv rinse with tea tree and lavendar oils. I've noticed that my hair grows a whole lot faster eating Paleo/Primal. It's a beautiful thing. My skin is also not as dry.
    Me too!! But just recently (1.5 months or so..LOVE IT) I'm pretty sure my diet/food choices play more a part than the no-poo thing (I knew I liked you :wink:
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have also noticed a difference in my hair. It has definitely not been falling out as much lately. I think its the increase in protein. I have also noticed that it is softer, but I did just get a new shampoo that is supposed to help with volumizing (I've ALWAYS had fine hair)...so that could be helping too...
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I hope I see the same changes. My hair is so thin, and breaks easy.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Duh, I thought it was my new Moroccan oil/coconut oil regimen...but of course it's the Primal/Paleo diet. Or maybe it's both. I hope it causes regrowth in my old lady bald spots :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    Options
    Duh, I thought it was my new Moroccan oil/coconut oil regimen...but of course it's the Primal/Paleo diet. Or maybe it's both. I hope it causes regrowth in my old lady bald spots :)

Put it this way, I was using moroccan argan oil shampoo and deep conditioning shower treatments for weeks with results unlike this....I'm going to chalk it up to Primal/Paleo awesomeness :)
  • bonnieellison96
    bonnieellison96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My hair, skin, and nails are amazing now! I had a HUGE breakout when I first started Paleo, and now, not even a blemish. My hair is healthy and my nails are growing really fast and strong. I hope maybe I'll get some of that good no-gray juju, It seemed like when I turned 30 last year, my hair pigment was like "Ok, we don't even have to try anymore" lol =)