Carb Loading

Options
This is my first time ever cutting in my life (srs) been slowly lean bulking over the past few years and towards the end of last year that turned into dirty bulking so it's time to cut before it got out of hand. All these new feels for me...

My question is what kind of carb loading have you guys found to be most effective? once a week, once every 2 weeks ect...

Replies

• kdaaawwgg
    Options
    great copy and paste from cutters thread. personally i refeed every 2 weeks, and its been great for losing weight

One should also incorporate re-feeds into their diet plan. Re-feeds help boost a hormone called leptin, which is the mother of all fat burning hormones. As one diets, leptin levels drop in an attempt by the body to spare body fat. Periodic, proper re-feeding can raise leptin levels and help one continue to burn fat an optimum rate. A person who is lean will need to re-feed more frequently than someone who has a higher body fat percentage. For those who are below 10%, it is probably a wise idea to incorporate re-feeds two times per week.
    For those people who are in the 10-15% range, re-feeding every 6-12 days will probably be adequate, for those who are above 15%, re-feeding will probably not need to be done more than once every week to two weeks. Obviously as one loses body fat they will need to re-feed more often.

Re-Feed Days Should Be Planned As Follows:
    Re-feed on the day you work your worst body part(s) as re-feeding will not only raise leptin, but be quite anabolic.
    Keep fat as low as possible during re-feed days as high insulin levels will increase dietary fat transport into adipose tissue. In addition dietary fat has little to no impact on leptin levels.
    Reduce protein intake to 1 g/lb bodyweight.
    Consume as little fructose as possible as fructose does not have an impact on leptin levels.[\b]
    Increase calories to maintenance level (or above if you are an ectomorph) and increase carbs by at least 50-100% (endo’s stay on the low end, while ecto’s should stay on the high end) over normal diet levels.

so yes i believe it matters. when you refeed you refeed with complex carbs. pancakes, sweet potato, ww pasta etc. & you can be flexible but its not a day to eat candy and sweets as it wont be beneficial plus things high in sugar are usually high in fat also.