How much weight do you (did you) lift for Stage 1 workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    My starting weights are posted on my blog.

I sometimes find myself at the gym after hours, and the trainers are required to lock up the rooms where the swiss balls are so I am replacing swiss-balls crunches with decline sit-ups, and using a 20lb weight. Each increase I lift the decline up to the next level. And for the jack-knife I often have to replace that with 360 hanging leg rotations...but works lol.
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Marking my place to read again tomorrow. I have just done first workout A and first workout B over the last three days. Pretty sure I am not lifting anywhere near you ladies,maybe one day :)
    I'm not either, which is making me think that I am not challenging myself, but my form is good :0) (I think)
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Marking my place to read again tomorrow. I have just done first workout A and first workout B over the last three days. Pretty sure I am not lifting anywhere near you ladies,maybe one day :)
    I'm not either, which is making me think that I am not challenging myself, but my form is good :0) (I think)

It's all about making progress. Doesn't matter where you start, just keep lifting!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yeah just keep going. I am in the military so push-ups and sit ups are easy for me...I do find them more challenging on the swiss balls, but since they are usually locked up I have to swap out and do something that works.

When it comes to weights just keep progressing, you will get there one day.
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the stage 1 thread - about to do my final B workout tonight.:
    Alrighty, so I did 1A8 last night. So my results for stage one so far are:

Squat: 34kg/74.8 lb
    > 59kg/129.8 (but I still think I need to work on going lower at this weight)
    Push Up: knees
    > toes (and getting lower every time)
    Seated Row: 35kg/77 lb
    > 55kg/121 lb
    Step up: Body weight
    > 8kg each hand/17.6lb each hand
    Prone Jacknife: was always able to do this, but hopefully my form is getting better.

Monday will be workout 1B8, and then I will do the AMRAP workouts as my personal trainer is away. Stage two looks hard! Lots of exercises that I am much less familiar with.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.