Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I see alot of Planet Fitness comments, but not about the new one on E Washington Street. Anybody been there? Comments? I was going to the Y, but I would like to try something different. Debating between Gold's and Planet Fitness.
  • ozonenrhia1
    Options
    I don't work out in a gym. I do a lot of hiking and cross country hiking. I also do somethings at home such as situps,weights and other work outs I can do here:)
  • arathfon
    arathfon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. It's so hard to get a babysitter to get to a gym. I bought an elliptical off of Craigslist and I alternate between Jillian michaels 30 day shred and biggest loser power extreme. I do attend a free Zumba class on the south side. At southview wesylan church. They have two great instructors and they do not charge.
  • ninilynn70
    ninilynn70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I workout at Gold's at Washington and Shortridge. Just getting back into the groove after a very long "leave of absence".
  • lsw1955
    lsw1955 Posts: 7
    Options
    Eastside Planet Fitness. I am over 50, NEW to exercise and out of shape...looking for someone at my level that would like to workout a couple times a week adn PF/eastside.
  • lsw1955
    lsw1955 Posts: 7
    Options
    i just joined PF on E Washington. Very nice, clean and not too crowded after work! Staff is really helpful!
  • Arosebloom1
    Arosebloom1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I worked out at Ransburg Y until Nov. 12. Now I am going to start back there also would like to do water arobics.
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I typically workout @ LA Fitness in West Carmel. But I think my all time favorite gym to workout was Lifetime Fitness. I just didn't like that they were a bit pricey :grumble:
  • cass0632
    cass0632 Posts: 6
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I've worked at a gym for the past 6 years, and have gotten better physical results from following programs that I've done at home, so I ditched the gym membership and own an ample supply of the BEST workout programs, I also am an avid runner especially in the summer and plan on getting outdoors more this summer, possibly hiking, canoeing, etc
  • sassy_sandi
    sassy_sandi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I work out at two great places. One is in the middle of no where call Kivetts Kinetic Solutions; it is owned and ran by Amber Kivett; she is AWESOME with a capital A. We do cirucit training there and have Zumba with stretching, and games! She is a trained athletic coach with many degrees, but most of all very 'real and fun'. Her place can be found on the web; and is a few miles from Monrovia, IN. The other place I visit is Core in Mooresville. The price is right and a good place to drop in for an occasional Zumba class! Didn't start working out regularly until almost age 60. If I can do it; ANYONE can!! Love how working out makes me feel....its called ALIVE!!!
  • Rhea1130
    Rhea1130 Posts: 1
    Options
    i work out in my home gym.
  • Aaron190
    Aaron190 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness on Rockville road or on shore drive. Was at Cardinal Fitness for 9 years before they closed down.
  • vjones7107
    vjones7107 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I workout at LA Fitness located at Rockville Road (near Avon). Just joined about two weeks ago.
  • cinemafromage
    Options
    I'm at Carmel Total Fitness, 4 days a week! Generally at lunch time. Feel free to say hi if your'e there!
  • lemondjuice
    Options
    Planet Fitness in Plainfield. Several years ago I had good results doing the circuit resistance/cardio training (lost 50 lbs and kept it off for a number of years ) at a club in Southern Indiana. Since moving back to Plainfield 3 years ago I have really fallen off the wagon and have gained about 25 lbs. :-( Try not to beat myself up over it but it is time to get back on that wagon! I was glad to see Planet Fitness has the circuit training. I love it and am hoping to start seeing some results soon!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I workout at home. I've completed P90X, Chalean Extreme, and will soon be finishing Body Beast.
    I just joined the Baxter Y, I've got to get some swimming in for the Sprit Tri I'm wanting to do later this summer.

Angie
  • handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    la fitness in carmel!

i also used to go to the gold's gym on michigan road but switched to la fitness when i moved up to zionsville. gold's gym was actually cheaper and still a pretty good gym, but i like that when i go to la fitness i see a lot of people i know. the possibility of some socialization is a nice push to get me to go!
  • ShannonB06
    ShannonB06 Posts: 9
    Options
    Working out at home! No excuses no matter what time it is, what the weather is like, etc. :) Getting much better results this way than I was at a Y or private gym.
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. New to MFP and this forum.

I work out at the Fishers Y and at the Anytime Fitness on Olio (by Geist).
  • mikkiforsyth
    Options
    Plainfield Planet Fitness here