It's the Little Things

Options
I have found it's the little things that make the big differences. For example, I go to a class at the Y Friday mornings before work. As a result, I reward myself by getting McDonalds breakfast. The egg mcmuffin breakfast sandwich is the healthiest breakfast sandwich on the menu.

This morning, I really wanted a sausage mcmuffin sandwich because it sounded so much better. BUT it was 150 more calories. I knew I would have eaten the hash brown that comes with the meal no matter which meal I got, so I made the healthier choice to have the egg mcmuffin sandwich with a hashbrown rather than the sausage mcmuffin meal with a hashbrown. In a way, I rationalized that I couldn't feel guilty about the hashbrown because I chose the healthier breakfast sandwich.

It's the little things that make a big difference over time. What little choices are you making that make you healthier?:happy:

Replies

• BekaSteele
    BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One of the big 'little things' that myfitnesspal (MFP) helped me realize was the diet vanilla cokes I used to drink aren't diet!!

Whenever I wanted to treat myself (aka: several times per week) I would go get a diet coke with vanilla flavoring. I told myself that since it was diet coke it wasn't bad for me. The first time I logged it on MFP I almost fell out of my chair - that drink cost me almost 300 calories!!! Needless to say I don't drink them very much anymore.
  • jromero04
    jromero04 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have cut down on my caffine intake and sugars and sweets which is a hugh contibution to my over weight size right now. I was told that cutting down pop by more than 75% will help a bunch in my weight loss.