Video on Positive Effects of Paleo

Options

Boyd Eaton (grandfather of Paleo) talks about his success with Paleo for the last 30 years ! awesome!

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. It is interesting. And I would never have guessed he was 74 y/o! I would have put him in the mid 60s.
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)
  • ajwolters
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    downloading now - nice find thanks.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Was an interesting watch :smile:
  • IntentionaLiving
    Options
    such a great video, so very interesting that he describes two forms of paleo - weak & strong paleo. As most people in this online community would consider the weak paleo a primal diet, which he prescribes to. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.....
  • ronja2
    ronja2 Posts: 36
    Options
    Great video! I thought I'd also share one of my favourite videos, a Ted talk by Dr. Terry Wahls. She has a lot of insight into what nutrients we need and how best to cover sufficient intake through a hunter gatherer diet. Plus it is simply amazing to see how the paleo diet approach helped her to reverse many of her severe multiple sclerosis syndroms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc
  • IntentionaLiving
    Options
    omg, the video by Dr. Wahl combined with my roommates sudden MS diagnosis was exactly what made me turn to a paleo diet. She is AMAZING and it sold me! best share girl!
  • ronja2
    ronja2 Posts: 36
    Options
    omg, the video by Dr. Wahl combined with my roommates sudden MS diagnosis was exactly what made me turn to a paleo diet. She is AMAZING and it sold me! best share girl!

I know, right? I find her story so inspiring and while I feel blessed and lucky not to struggle with health issues even remotely close to what she - or your roommate - went through, I think it makes a lot of sense to fuel your body with all the goodies to try and prevent these illnesses. Like Dr. Wahl said, you never know what other incredible nutrients you are getting by eating this way. Food is the best medicine (and prevention) as far as I am concerned.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I know, right? I find her story so inspiring and while I feel blessed and lucky not to struggle with health issues even remotely close to what she - or your roommate - went through, I think it makes a lot of sense to fuel your body with all the goodies to try and prevent these illnesses. Like Dr. Wahl said, you never know what other incredible nutrients you are getting by eating this way. Food is the best medicine (and prevention) as far as I am concerned.

I also find that video amazing. Nourish your mitochondria, people! This is why it's not just about cal in / cal out.
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I also find that video amazing. Nourish your mitochondria, people! This is why it's not just about cal in / cal out.

thanks for sharing this! this is wonderful!