Tips and Tricks

Options
Post any tips you've picked up along the way!

The first time I used My Fitness Pal, the best thing I did was preplan the next day's food the night before, and enter it into MFP. If not, it's really easy to say "Oh, I can eat ____ because I'll just not eat ____ and make up for it later" ...then you don't.

Having a plan made things 100% more effective to me. I'd sometimes enter a week's worth in advance, and that saved time as well. No more staring into the fridge wondering what to eat.

Replies

• Kaynate
    Options
    Awesome idea :)
  • joannadmiller
    Options
    That's a great idea. I'm great at planning everything - except my food. Any tips for that? Lol!
  • bumbleleigh
    Options
    Ha! I typically eat the same, or a small variety, of things for breakfast and lunch, so the real planning is only dinner.

I also used to add my exercise in. That was I was more likely to do it, because that's the only way I'd get to eat everything I had listed.
  • eastonsmom612
    eastonsmom612 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have only just started using this website, but I have found it's easier to plan it out too. I ask my husband what he wants for dinner and try to go from there. It's a great idea to follow.