Friday night! What are you up to?

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
Sean and I have started doing a little something we like to call "Frucked Up Fridays" -- we partake in various mind-and-body-altering substances while we cook together and listen to political TV. (party animals, I tell ya!)

But anyway, I can't decide what to cook tonight, and my diary is already wrecked, so it's pretty much open to whatever. I'm leaning toward caprese pizza.

Yes, I just did the "I made bad choices, so I am going to continue making bad choices" about my food. rockstar.

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Heading up to my Dad's for the weekend.

Relax all weekend, watch the Super Bowl on Sunday with him.

Pretty excited about it, actually.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Tiny human wrangling, Dinner of her choice which will probably be hotdogs and then watching movies with her, then working out after she goes to bed.

I swear my fridays used to be way more fun.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    We always have Fun Fridays, which basically means we have whatever we feel like for dinner. Tonight I'm making cheeseburgers, plus I got some mozzarella sticks and jalepeno poppers to bake.

Then I'm going to watch the finale of 30 Rock on hulu and be really sad about it being over. Probably play a game after. I'm lame, and I like it! :)
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Maybe I will make BBQ-y eggrolls with the smoked pulled pork ... hmmm... a little cabbage, some bbq sauce, jalapeno, and cheddar... *drool*
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    a fancy haircut and then dinner with the munchkin and her friend..(got $50 gift cards for Old Chicago)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    We're doing squats + assistance today. We like working out on the weekends because the gym is less crowded, and because we are super lame people who apparently do not have fun.

if I were you, I would make .... mm. If I could eat ANYTHING AT ALL THAT I WANTED I'd eat fish and rice, but that is because I never get to eat that, because my husband doesn't like it. Since I assume you would want to accomodate both parties..... probably a bunch of different cheeses, crackers, bread, salami. That sort of thing. And dessert. It fulfills our desire for salty-cheesey-cured meat flavors without any cooking at all!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Snack dinner! That's what we call the meat/cheese/crackers/pickles meals... it's a favorite!!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Free birthday pizza at Old C. Then an early night because I'm picking your *kitten* up at 9am for some scary strap-on fitness class.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Free birthday pizza at Old C. Then an early night because I'm picking your *kitten* up at 9am for some scary strap-on fitness class.

Your birthday is at the end of the month, yes?

I'm excited for strap on fitness class!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I picked up some pastrami and provolone and a big round loaf of rye bread that will soon be assembled into sammiches and placed in my George Foreman grill. I also picked up an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti and a Ballast Point Victory at Sea. After the kids go to bed we will be drinking beer and watching movies. Because we're old and that's how we roll.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I picked up some pastrami and provolone and a big round loaf of rye bread that will soon be assembled into sammiches and placed in my George Foreman grill. I also picked up an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti and a Ballast Point Victory at Sea. After the kids go to bed we will be drinking beer and watching movies. Because we're old and that's how we roll.

HA! We had Victory at Sea on Tuesday when we went out for dinner. Actually, Nick had that (and I had a sip), and I had Noble Ale's Naughty Sauce on nitro (Portola coffee <3).
  • infamousmk
    Options

Have you had the Espresso Yeti yet?? OMG it's awesome.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Sipping on some pyramid outburst imperial ipa as I type this.

Trying to figure out what to have for dinner.

Snickering at the name change for the group.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just nuked some chicken strips for dinner. Gotta wash dishes and tidy up a bit, then I'll probably play my Kingdom of Loathing turns and do a half-assed search for karaoke tracks while watching Netflix. C won't be home for another hour or so, but I guess I'll make him some dinner when he gets here, because I am still working on not being a terrible wife. But it might be his leftover pizza from last night, because he's a bitch who can eat cheap pizza and I'm jealous.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Have you had the Espresso Yeti yet?? OMG it's awesome.

I have not. I will in a little while. I've had Regular Yeti, Oak Aged Yeti and Belgian Style Yeti and they're all very good so I have high expectations.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    What the fruck is this strap-on fitness class? Let's see, I'm trolling MFP whilst drinking. Kelly is playing Skyrim, whilst drinking, natch. He wants to partake in some herbs, but we started doing a massive clean of the kitchen...like, pull the fridge out and clean under it (I have to do it...kelly has a wussy stomach) clean, that we only partially finished because we got sucked into MFP and Skyrim. :laugh:
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Espresso Yeti was good. I wouldn't go so far as to say "awesome" but it was very good.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    It's definitely 'espresso-y', Johnny!
  • sjohnny
    Options
    It's definitely 'espresso-y', Johnny!

I liked its "espresso-y-ness'. It's my favorite of the Yetis.

I think a couple years ago it would have gone "awesome" but as my experience has grown the bar has been set higher. My brother and I were talking about how fucked up it is that we'll drink a beer that two years ago would have been a mind blowing beer and say "yeah, that beer was really fucking rad. It's definitely in my top 20".

And I totally didn't mean to come off as a pretentious *kitten* but probably did.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    No, no, I am totally the first to admit that I sometimes come off as a pretentious d!ck when it comes to beer. I feel the same way about stuff -- Oh, yeah, Pliney, old news...

What? You just got some Dark Lord? That's nice. *next*

There is just so much beer out there that I want to constantly be trying new stuff.