1 year progress pics!

Options
ladyace2078
ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
I know everyone would prefer me to post directly in here, but I've had it with MFP formatting problems today. So instead I'm going to link you to the blog post I made. I'm happy to accept new friends and maybe when I'm less frustrated with formatting problems, I'll come back and post directly here.

http://ladyace2078mfp.blogspot.com/2013/02/1-year-progress.html

Replies

• mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Very nice. You added to the butterfly right?
  • Tanya0927
    Tanya0927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! What an amazing and inspirational transformation!!! You look awesome!!!
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is great! You did an amazing job! Thanks for sharing
  • ladyace2078
    Options
    Very nice. You added to the butterfly right?

I just recovered the old one actually. It was my reward when I reached my goal size 8 back in August.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    THe best to you and great inspiration!! Thank you for sharing!
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look incredible!!!!! :-)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Fabulous blog! Your calorie intake was unbelievable!! Once again proving the scale is not a true measure of success!! Congrats on your results!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ladyace2078
    Options
    Okay I'm going to see if the pics will post here.

Me in my early 20s at size 4 probably around 145:
    8436612562_1640d36702_z.jpg

This picture is what prompted me to get serious - at 197 lb, size 14 in Sept 2011:
    8436626128_cefe56dfa1_c.jpg

And progress pics:
    8436612034_065d0c3f5c_z.jpg
    8436612504_5e0ba39d29_z.jpg
    8435527489_3b744e3188_z.jpg
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What wonderful progress. Thank you for sharing.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, great job!
  • prisan512
    prisan512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't believe how many dress sizes you dropped and weight in pounds wasn't a major change. Scales are nothing in this world but a stress factor. Great job and I hope to be as successful!
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    You are fabulous! So inspirational. Just goes to show what lifting and fueling yourself correctly can help you achieve!
  • zhiking
    zhiking Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    wow very inspiring thanks for sharing!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love your progress post! So organized and well thought out :) And I LOVE that you started lifting as your workout type with EM2WL, this is the most amazing success story because your weight has not changed a TON but your body looks totally different!!! You really look so great and you've made huge strides so far!! I've been lifting about the same amount of time as you (since march 2012) and I can only do 85 lbs on bench so you're awesome there! Keep it up!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story and the way you have it outlined was perfect!!! Congratulations on your success!!!
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! I love how much you can bench press now . This post keep me motivated to stay the course with my weight lifting. My only goal is to lose body fat and not worry about the scale. Great Job!
  • ladyace2078
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Everyone is always surprised at how little weight I've lost but how much smaller I look. It's why I often give advice to IGNORE the scale - only you see that number.

What I love most though is my strength. My 4 yr old son is really tall and weighs about 50 lbs and my daughter is 5 and weighs just under 40 lbs. I am able to pick them both up and carry them around without any problems. I can toss them in the air or put them on my shoulders. I can carry groceries (all the bags at once) and move furniture myself. I can help my husband with the heavy lifting around the house and it's incredibly empowering.

And for reference here is another before/after of the change in muscle. The picture on the right is from Nov 2008 before I ever did any strength training. To be honest I didn't do much between then and March 2012 when I was finally able/wanted to strength train. I had tried and stopped things like 30DS and P90x.
    8447612527_284fd1c70a.jpg