My Dream Team

Hi,

Im Tiffany and i think ive found the right support group for me! As a woman it has been so hard for me to attain my weight loss goals and sharing them with my female peers. I exercise daily now (for the past month) and watch my diet. But there are still some blues with come along with it. While im in this group please feel free to message me and share some of your weight loss tips.

Thanks

Replies

• Hi Tiffany,

I agree that having other females to share our success and struggles will help me! My husband is a wonderful support but he thinks just do it and doesn't get the mommy guilt and stress eating. I have tried for years but really can say I wasn't committed as I am now. I became very ill at the end of December with upper resp. infection and the between the medications and the lack of movement I gain an additional 27 lbs! to my already over weightness of 50lbs! My smaller bone structure just cried uncle. I am having back troubles, breathing troubles, constant acid reflux. All of which I didn't have prior to weight gain. Not to mention I hit over the 200 lb mark which I never even hit with my babies! I think that number and the lack of daily functioning finally did it for me. I want quality of life with my family and my children. It's not even how I look in clothes but how I feel!

Meet with my two doctors and came up with a detailed plan. I have been on the play for 4 days and have had the most success This app on my phone has been the key. Which was one of the suggestions from the doctors. They told me to only go to the gym for 30 mins a day, or walk. They said if we make it to hard we will just give up again. My girls encourage me to walk around the mall with them (great time with them and it's exercise) when the weather is warmer we will be geocaching again. Great free family time and exercise. The app on your phone is free it's exciting (a modern day treasure hunt) and all exercise! I just find ways to exercise each day even if's not the gym and that was what my doctors suggested. They did prescribe me an appetite suppressant which I just started yesterday. The average weight loss is 10 lbs in 1st month and then 5 lbs a month after. It increases your metabolism by 10%. My doctor has a another patient who is also on a weight loss journey and he has had great success with his eating process ( lost 45 lbs in 90 days with exercise) I stated it three days ago and I never feel hungry an always have at least 1200 calories left by dinner! The plan is to eat every two hours and that keeps your metabolism going all day. So every two hours he has a 100 or 200 calories snack. I bought several boxes of the 100 calories snacks (also helps with my sweet tooth as I am not denying myself) cheese sticks are only 50 calories, individual steam-able veggies are only 40 calories and are only a $1 per serving at walmart ( I love the broccoli and cheese).

I am going to make this lifestyle change and I know you can do. I have made it a game (I am pretty competitive) by trying to find creative good tasting things to eat and keep my calories down. My doctors have me start with a 1800 calories diet (that is the diabetic calorie count) I am working toward getting it down to 1500 but I know that will take time. That is the key it take time. My doctor said it take 3000 calorie burn for every 1 lb, ugh! This app has made it all possible for me by tracking the stuff I never remembered and figuring all the numbers out for me. I am a busy mom of four and if it gets to difficult I would just quit. Not now I have great tools and a great plan!

I know this looks like a book but I need two doctors and my husband for support to be able to do this so why not share what I have learned :) We are in this together girl and we can do it! We are empowered women and like my doctor said it's just a budget calories and calories out (I am a fiscal minded so he was playing to that side of my brain).