Options
lintino
lintino Posts: 526 Member
Hello. My name is Linda. I will be 63 in 13 days! (Oh my, I didn't realize til now how close that is!) I retired in June after 40 years of teaching. I was pretty much a physical wreck at that point.

I just joined mfp a week ago. My doctor ordered me to do so. I need to get my weight down or she will put me on blood pressure medicine and I don't want to do that. I am also testing at prediabetes levels and that must come down.

I have been trying to lose weight on my own for the last 7 months and have not lost anything. I feel much better now than I did in June. I do water aerobics 5 days a week and also take a gentle yoga class. This brought my cholesterol levels into a good range. Yahoo for taking care of one challenge.

I really need something for accountability. So far I have found mfp to be helpful, I have lost 2lbs. The fact that I am logging everything is helping. I am eating better - not so much junk food and because I am weighing and measuring everything I am starting to get a handle on portion size again. I hope to find companionship with many of you as we take this journey toward better health together.

Replies