Newbie....

Options
Just heard about his site today and am already excited. I have put on about 20 pounds in the last 3 months while my DH was on chemo. The de-stressor was food. NOT a good idea.

I think I'm older than most of you, and have food issues from that--as you age it gets so much easier to gain weight. sigh

I want God to be glorified in ALL that I do--including my eating.

I've slipped into eating lots more carbs lately. :(

I am gluten free (celiac disease) and stay clear of most dairy, which takes away some temptations and adds more--when I can't have one thing, I too often feel I "deserve" something special in its place. double sigh!

So far I am really impressed with the site helps. And that I don't have to feel guilty for not exercising! I know I can do this if I cut back on calories--and this site seems to make the calorie counting easy.

Also liked some of the hints/recipes I read in the group posts. THANKS.

Replies

• H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi there, hope your other half is doing well.

There's a member above who is a "stress eater" & you may be able to give each other tips & encouragement.

Age is just a number although I know what you mean about the struggle to lose weight - it used to come off so much quicker! Good luck.
  • MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group.I do gluten free a lot for my son and it is hard.I am so sorry for all the stress you have .Anything i can do just ask even if it is just someone to listen.

as far as the special rewards look to non food rewards.Maybe a great new pair of earrings or a pedi or mani at home or a new tube of a great facial mask.