Lose last few pounds of fat and gain MUSCLE

Options
raneeza
raneeza Posts: 8 Member
Hello All! I am a 23 year old 5 foot girl looking for friends to help me stay motivated. Although I am not overweight, I am not at my ideal body. I want to be stronger, fitter, and healthier. I am focusing on both cardio and heavy weight lifting. I am also trying to eat cleaner because I want to finally see my ABS. Please add me as a friend and tell me a little about yourself in the message box. I am looking forward to meeting you all and helping motivate each other on MFP.

Also, if anyone has some good advice on weight lifting and the diet that should accompany that please share them. I want to lose the last 5 pounds of fat but also gain muscle. So should I focus on consuming more calories or less calories because I know for muscle gain you need to consume more. I'm not sure which road to take so I've been consuming less calories while doing both cardio and weight lifting. Thank you!

-Raneeza

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I'll send you a request. Anyone can add me as well.
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey new friend! I'm basically in the same boat. I'm more or less at my goal weight but I just want to be STRONGER and to get some muscle definition. My plan is to start lifting in the next week or so. I just got The New Rules of Lifting for Women in the mail and I am devouring it. It has totally changed the way I look at lifting and eating. I would seriously recommend picking it up on Amazon or something, it's not expensive and it includes recipes, a nutrition plan and workout plans for female lifters.

I hope we can motivate each other to get stronger and leaner over the coming months! :)
  • caramellattekiss
    caramellattekiss Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to do the same! I've got the last couple of pounds to go, then I just want to keep it off and get strong.

I've been looking into classes that involve weights at my local gym, and weights I can use at home. I've quite enjoyed kettebell so far, as the motion gets my heart-rate going too, so my cardio brain-washed brain feels like I've worked out.