Chocolate Beast

Options
Wooken3
Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
Well, I knew it was going to happen... Valentine candy is showing up everywhere!!

Hearteatw1a.gif

What do you do to calm the chocolate beast?

Replies

• walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    my only choice is to become a recluse, and to tell my husband to do the shopping, and not to buy chocolate.:sad:
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I always have Dove Promises in the house--dark chocolate or dark chocolate with almonds. Usually, having 2 or 3 makes me happy. I can't keep bars in the house because I'd eat the whole thing in one sitting; but, these small pieces help me control and satisfy the urge at the same time.:happy:
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    every
    I always have Dove Promises in the house--dark chocolate or dark chocolate with almonds. Usually, having 2 or 3 makes me happy. I can't keep bars in the house because I'd eat the whole thing in one sitting; but, these small pieces help me control and satisfy the urge at the same time.:happy:

I agree. I try to set aside a few calories for 2-3 small pieces everyday. If I don't I have to deal with super cravings and possibly a binge.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What do you do to calm the chocolate beast?

I use Chocolate Truffle Protein Shakes (by Syntrax Nectar). 100 cal per scoop, no carbs, 23 grams of protein. Most people don't get enough protein anyhow, so I "force one down" (LOL) from time to time.

I'm on very low carbs, so I never crave chocolate any more.
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do the low carb... what is your cut off for carbs? 20 gm... 40 gm? I would like to know more about what you are doing. What supplements do you take?
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I cannot be trusted with chocolate candy so I have chocolate ice cream or vanilla with chocolate syrup.
  • Liz_M_
    Liz_M_ Posts: 25
    Options
    No chocolate in our house. One is too many and two is not enough. :love: I cannot be trusted. :blushing:
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Last week I started working the front desk for a tax office 4-8pm and 9am-3pm on Saturday through tax season. Already knowing most of the folks in the office, it's a great way to earn some extra pocket money. However, there is food - lots of food - and it's all the bad foods that I love!

Grrrr…Guess I'll just have to pull up my Big Girl Panties and Deal!
    big-girl-panties.jpg
  • lintino
    Options
    Way too cute picture!! I guess sometimes we all need to pull up our big girl pants.
  • capie123
    Options
    It's even worse after the 14th and it's 75% off!:sad:
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Oh - I know that candy sales! I remember my Dad filling the shop cart of chocolate -- and wouldn't you know it -- my hubby does the same thing. He puts them in the freezer -- I usually have him get the food out for cooking so I don't have to see all those chocolate goodies!

But, I do indulge some -- I made chocolate chip pancakes for my grandson -- and I enjoyed very much (one)! I don't use the syrup or butter on mine though - I like them plain.

All enjoy those indulegences -- sparingly! :love:
  • gramanana
    Options
    My hubby got Belgian chocolate today and Costco and, of course, tonight we each had a piece. I'm really going to have to be careful. How about we eat less healthy food and more chocolate this week. It sounds like a good idea to me.:laugh:
  • walkswithart
    Options
    "They" say its OK to eat the dark chocolate. But personally I cannot be trusted to only eat one. So I make my hubby eat the rest of the chocolate cake.
  • shaldra
    Options
    Before this Jan when the Drs etc insisted I should reduce protein, increase carbs to reduce purines in diet, I was happy without chocolate - hadn't missed it for last 2 1/2 yrs. Now with only a slight decrease in protein over all and increase in carbs, my sweet tooth and wish for chocolate is getting more annoying then the risk of high protein. In addition, I crave the higher protein - it is like a no win situation. Well, will have to cope.:grumble: :ohwell:
  • walkswithart
    Options
    Keep on truckin' Shaldra. We all get cravings. What things work for you to brush them aside for a bit? I can do it usually with a bit of tea, or going on the Web. The trick is to recognize the craving before I give in.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    My chocolate fix is Nestle No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa -- Only 50 calories per envelope. And to make it even richer, add milk instead of water.

carnbx.jpg
  • gramanana
    Options
    I'm still working on figuring out how to control my need for sweets and chocolate. Having 1 or 2 Dove Promises usually does the trick. But then, I'm still giving in to the chocolate. (LOL) I've tried tea, but that doesn't always do it. It is a habit I need to break. Self-discipline? I don't have it, but I'm working on it.
  • lintino
    Options
    Like many of you my issue is portion control. I am trying to teach myself what is the correct amount of everything that I eat. I want to believe that there are no "bad" foods. Weighing and measuring foods are helping me a lot. The little scale is getting a good workout!