February mini challenge

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
Because the main February challenge is really more like 4 mini challenges, I have decided to do 1 mini challenge for the month, for you to complete when you like.

It's blatantly stolen fom biggest looser so you may be familiar with it :)

This months mini challenge is to grab a back pack and load it up with the amount of weight you have lost ( or as much as you can cram in). Do one of your normal workouts or wear it all day while you shop, do house work etc.

At the end of your chosen activity note down how you felt having all that weight back on and how it changed your activity. A few days later do the activity again without the weight. Again note down how you feel at the end and what difference it has made not having that weight on. Make sure you share both with us.

For those of with big losses so far it will be good incentive to never regain the weight. For those of us just starting out it will be a good way to see that even a small loss makes a difference, and will encourage us to loose more!

Replies

• demilade
    Options
    As there is no way I can cram 75 pounds into my backpack, I will put as many cans as I can in and wear it while I walk the dog. I've only recently been able to make it up the hill without stopping so we shall see what happens!
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This sounds cool! I haven't lost much, but congratulations on yours!

Whenever we're hiking I always have to remind my husband that I'm carrying 50 more pounds than he is on shorter legs. Since that's around the weight the marines have to carry when they go on their "humps" he remembers to slow down a little for me. :smile:
  • demilade
    Options
    I couldn't get much weight into my pack so I loaded the kids into the monster pusher and used their weight. Worked out to around 45kg/77 pounds.

Man oh man did it effect my effort. I was a lot slower, I was puffing, my legs were aching and I was a sweaty mess. The hill nearly did me in, I had to stop every few steps. Overall I did a shorter distance in a longer time and I was nackerd. And to think less than 6 months ago I was carrying that weigh all the time!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    I couldn't get much weight into my pack so I loaded the kids into the monster pusher and used their weight. Worked out to around 45kg/77 pounds.

Man oh man did it effect my effort. I was a lot slower, I was puffing, my legs were aching and I was a sweaty mess. The hill nearly did me in, I had to stop every few steps. Overall I did a shorter distance in a longer time and I was nackerd. And to think less than 6 months ago I was carrying that weigh all the time!

That's amazing! I'm going to do this mini challenge on Friday!
    Congrats!
  • demilade
    Options
    Anyone else done their mini challenge?
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    I meant to bring along a pair of dumbbells on my last hike but totally spaced (the in-laws were visiting - everything seems harder when they're around lol). Will do it on the next one!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    I meant to say - I did this! My husband was laughing at me bringing dumbbells along with us on our vacation but yeah, I did. I only brought 2 five pounders (I'd only lost 8 lbs total at that point) so it wasn't as extreme as it might have been for others, but I think that we should do this once a quarter to remind us how far we've come!
  • demilade
    Options
    I managed to squeeze in my second new food - tofu. It was a bit different, not yuck, not yum, just different. maybe it will be better mixed with some vegies etc.