Weekly Chat 2/3 - 2/9

Options
13»

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WTG Drea on the weigh in!! 4 lbs is awesome!

You too Christine! You should be proud of your pound! :smile: I know I was when I finally lost one in January! :smile:

Chelle, I'm glad that you are starting to get back on track on on blood glucose numbers!

----

I was really starting to feel depressed.. Mostly because I haven't done much running lately, and I'm about 6 weeks away from my race. Even though I've put in some really good exercise in the last week or so, I was still feeling crappy about it.

Well, a good friend of mine who decided to do the race with me came over for a run today. I had a headache, and I feel like a sinus cold is coming on. I told her I wasn't sure what I'd be able to do... but let's at least go out for a run/walk. After we warmed up for about 5 minutes (I'm not for sure how long... I forgot to set my watch) we started running. In that first mile.. we ran/walked it in 9:40!!!

I broke my first 10 minute mile! Woot Woot!

Now, we slowed down quite a bit.. and I quit once I realized we had gone 30 minutes... but I'm thrilled! We did about 2.8 miles total in 32 minutes (not including the warm-up or cool-down). Once I got home and had a chance to digest the numbers, I got pissed. I ran/walked 2.8 miles in 32 minutes. I now wonder how long it would have taken to hit a full 5k. Crap!

Next time, I'm setting my phone for "distance" and not time... and we are going to see just how long that 5k is. :laugh:
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah for Christine and UnoDrea!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!

Sarah woot woot on the running!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed in even though tom is here and I was only up .4 Not to bad! I leave for vacation soon so it was good too see i didnt have a big gain or anything to keep me motivated!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Chelle... a 0.4 gain is almost nothing, especially for TOM. That is awesome! Have fun on your trip when you go!!!

Ladies.. I have excellent news to report. I finally feel like I'm off my "plateau!"

I weighed in at 216 last saturday... which was a gain of almost 4 pounds over from the last week... which put me back to a weight that was more than I was at on Thanksgiving. Today I posted a 5 pound loss.

Today I weigh 211!!!

Okay, so it's an odd number... and it is not even 50 pounds lost since june (only 49)... but it is exciting for me.

Why? Because it is my 2nd goal number!!!

My next major goal is 10% of my current weight (21 pounds), which will put me at 190.

I can't wait!!!
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss, Sarah!

Good LC day today. Now that I really understand what I'm doing -- I feel like I had a truly GOOD low-carb day. And, am completely full. Already have my HC day planned out for tomorrow. Tomorrow is also a "rest day" from exercise. I kind of look forward to those and kind of not. LOL.

Just wanted to pop in with a quick hello! :flowerforyou:
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I'm on a weekend trip in north ga mountains just relaxing with my husband and daughter. Not really following the program but reading to try understanding. Last week I mess up badly. Congratulations to all of you following and getting good results.