Yoga retreat?

Options
zenmummy
zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
Have any of you gone on a yoga retreat?

I am hoping to book a retreat for my 16 year old daughter and I during the Easter break. I see my daughter under a lot of stress with her school work, while I know I am under lots of stress juggling work and children.

This will be a first for both of us, so any advice you can offer in choosing a retreat would be wonderful.

Thank you all in advance.

Replies

• Ellieus
    Ellieus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have gone on retreats and it's a great thing! I always enjoy how all the stress just falls off my shoulders :)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I'm going on one next week, but mine are based on the teacher. The only one I've been on (the same one I'm going to next week). didn't have any frills, though I got a room to myself. It's in Louisiana, and you have to "qualify" - meaning you have to be able to do certain poses. Some are like that.
    There are a couple of retreat centers is the US I know about: Omega in New York State (probably the most luxurious), Kripalu in Mass, Mount Madonna in N California, and the one in Ashville, NC. My husband went to Mount Madonna for 9 days, so I can tell you more about that one if you are interested.
    Many yoga retreats are vegetarian - some are vegan.
    Some are in tropical locations - I know very little about these
    What are you interested in? I'm sure some are adults only, but 16 is most likely ok for many of them.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've gone several times ...... and I love it !

My daughter spent almost a year at Kripalu in Massachusetts before becoming a yoga instructor ...... I visited her several times & signed up for all types of classes & activities ...... it was wonderful ..... plus the food was simple & delicious .....

It's perfect "ME TIME" :flowerforyou:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I go along to a Yoga Camp in summer each year. It is set in a natural organically managed valley with a brook running through and various ecologically built structures for showering, indoor yoga sessions, tea room etc.

The event is a wonderful opportunity for like minded people to establish a deeper community spirit and share energies.

The meals provided are vegan.

Its a wonderful experience.
  • zenmummy
    zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I am making progress!
    So far my top pick is a retreat I have found on one of the Canary islands. There are three sessions of yoga a day, a massage, walk along the shore and a daily cooking lesson from the nutritionist. I met who colleague who is glowing after her retreat, so that is already a good sign!