juicy chicken without coating/frying/grilling

Options
I'm hoping someone can help me find a way to cook juicy (crunchy on the outside) chick with fewer calories than my recipe includes. HELP--and thanks ahead of time.

Replies

• MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I roll mine in egg whites and then roll my chicken in corn meal /flour mix 1/2 cup of each plus my favorite season salt about 1 tsp and then bake it on cookie racks at 375 for about 45 to 1 hour( i let it sit to adhere the breading for a few minutes like 5 and re dip in the flour mix.

I also do other varitaions depending on what I have that include blended oatmeal that is oatmeal I run thru the blended on cooked till flour like I use about 2 cup s to make 1 cup of oatmeal flour.

some of my favorite seasoning to add are 1 of the following lemon pepper,msg free seasoning slat. or the MC cornik chicken and steak and burger blends

you can also use skim milk for the wet part instead of egg white

I do just plain seasoned chicken I bake at 375 till the skin is crisp too

if you like wings I use a mild hot sauce like frank's and milk for the wet and then dip in 1/4 tsp cayenne,1/2 tsp garlic and herb seasoning and corn meal and flour mixture

you can also use frenches fried onions or cereals to coat

for a good skinless chicken I do breasts and bake them at 350 for 35 minutes(till it is 175) will go to 180 when u let rest for 3 to 5 minutes before cutting in a sprayed casserole with my favorite chicken seasoning.
  • pugandchips
    Options
    Lots of great ideas to incorporate. THANKS!!!!