NSV I can't buy trousers in M & S now

Options
Ejwelton
Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
I've been getting a bit short of work trousers, I bought some in UK size 10 at the end of 2012 and some of them are now too loose :-)

I'm 5' 6" and in Marks and Spencer need their long length. I went in today and couldn't find size 8 long anywhere on the rails, so tried on 8 mediums. Size wise they fitted nicely but were too short. I went out and asked the assistant for long length only to be told they don't do either long or short in size 8!!!

So no more shopping in M&S for me now!!!

On the up side Wallis standard length is reflect for me - so bought some size 8's there instead!

Replies

• marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That is crazy - so M&S have decided that everyone who is a Size 8 comes in one leg length only?
  • Ejwelton
    Options
    Apparently so - I guess they assume if you need an 8 short then you'll shop in the petite section.

Not sure what they expect size 8 people taller than their average size to do!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I can't buy clothes (especially pants) in a lot of the cheaper US stores now-- they just don't sell anything small enough. I'm trying to get better at tailoring my clothing.
  • Ejwelton
    Options
    I don't class myself as small (is that a mind over matter thing?!) but I'm noticing that shops have less size 8's on their rails