Weird problem - too many showers

Options
Coquette6
Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
I'm currently showering twice a day. Once when I get up in the morning (I am not awake without a shower) and once after my workout in the afternoon/evening, because my skin looks for any excuse at all to break out so I try to get the sweat off as soon as possible. I'm trying to mitigate the damage from all the showering with conditioner, lots of body lotion, mild soap, etc, but I'm still worried. I've tried to do my work-out first thing in the morning, before my morning shower, but I just end up exhausted all day whenever I try for an early morning work-out. Does any one else have this problem?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    What's the problem exactly, you don't have time, or you're worried it will ruin your skin and hair?
  • Coquette6
    Options
    Worried about drying out my skin and hair, I know frequent showers can take a toll.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know showers dry out my skin way more if the water is really hot - I guess if you have to shower a lot, try to keep the water on the cooler (not cold - but more lukewarm) side.

OR, could you just wash your face if you're worried about breaking out?
  • Coquette6
    Options
    OR, could you just wash your face if you're worried about breaking out?

Sadly, I break out everywhere, not just my face. I will try to turn the heat down on my showers though. I'm a sucker for long hot showers, haha!