Hairdresser's Activity

Options
vesperpt
vesperpt Posts: 44 Member
I've been on the fence as far as my activity level goes. I've been lurking and learning and after raising my calories to 1600 I've steadily lost almost 20 pounds.

I work as a hairstylist and as a result I walk back and forth a lot. It's about 50-60 feet from front desk to back room, back up front to sweep, back to the garbages, and back again for the next client. As well as walking around. I've worn a pedometer and I seem to walk on average 3.5-5.5 km on a work day, working 5 or 6 days a week.
I guess what I'm wondering is which to pick to accurately describe my activity? I've been finding it easier to stick to my daily activity work-wise and then eating back planned exercise rather than group it in, as sometimes I don't get in a major workout if we're short staffed at work.

According to Scoobysworkshop my activity options are either:
Desk Job - little exercise
1-3 hours light exercise
3-5 hours moderate
5-6 hours Strenuous
7-21 hours strenous

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I've been on the fence as far as my activity level goes. I've been lurking and learning and after raising my calories to 1600 I've steadily lost almost 20 pounds.

I work as a hairstylist and as a result I walk back and forth a lot. It's about 50-60 feet from front desk to back room, back up front to sweep, back to the garbages, and back again for the next client. As well as walking around. I've worn a pedometer and I seem to walk on average 3.5-5.5 km on a work day, working 5 or 6 days a week.
    I guess what I'm wondering is which to pick to accurately describe my activity? I've been finding it easier to stick to my daily activity work-wise and then eating back planned exercise rather than group it in, as sometimes I don't get in a major workout if we're short staffed at work.

1-3 hours light exercise
    3-5 hours moderate
    5-6 hours Strenuous
    7-21 hours strenous

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Love this spreadsheet!!

1-3 hours light exercise
    3-5 hours moderate
    5-6 hours Strenuous
    7-21 hours strenous

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813720-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones