overdid it and lot!!

Options
LBNOakland
LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
So Scooby said my BMR is 1640 which is what I have my MFP cals set to. I lift heavy 2 - 3 days a week so I was considering upping cals to 1840 which is around 20% cut of tdee. I have been eating back some exercise cals. This weekend, I have seriously gone over. Girls weekend trip and I did not eat clean or count. then my birthday lands on SUperbowl Sunday. Weighed this morning, expectinag a gain from the trip. I lot a pound!! Great!! Should I expect the scale to catch up or does this reinforce I need to be eating more? Of course, I will be eating clean starting tomorrow!! What are your thoughts? I am so afraid to up cals! I know it is a mind thing. Ned encouragement!! Health is more inprotant than weight to me. Dad died in November. He was i a wheelchair, diabetes, heart disease, kidney failure. I dont want to put my kids thru what I went thru!!

Replies

• woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten at TDEE yet? I would recommend you start there for a bit instead of trying to just eat BMR.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started eating at my TDEE (Approx 1950 cals) I did it seriously for the last two weeks and didn't track on the weekends. I also lift 2-3x per week with Cardio in there and since Jan. 23rd when I started on MFP I lave lost 7lbs.

Pretty crazy and it is sometimes hard for me to eat that much but I wanted to shock my body into changing because I was at the same routine for so long as far as eating goes.

My goal is to lose approx. 4% body fat and gain muscle and in order to do that I need to eat to lose :)

Best of luck!
    Sal
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 2533 from one calculator. I think I hit that all weekend! LOl How long should I eat at TDEE before going to TDEE-20%?